sounds like a Turbo

hi guys I have noticed this before but was driving today and noticed it again. When I give the car a bit throttle it sounds like a turbo spooling up and I deffo don't have a turbo. I know the air intake is right beside the bulkhead but dunno if it's needing more air or what it just has a standard air filter and has been replaced weeks ago. is this normal???

It's intermittent and thing only when it's under load as it's only when a give it some beans

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

It has a hole in the exhaust. that's the problem.

My mums k12 had this exact problem, new middle section on the exhaust didn't sort it as it turned out that there was a hole in the rear section too *facepalm* :p

Oh well its getting sold in Feb so not worth fixing for that I'll just drop the price to take that into consideration.

Youll get the famous induction roar, and probably lose a bit of power depending on how you set it up and pipe diameters ect.

I found throttle responsece suffered with just a pipe from the tb onto a cone filter.

Now have a empty GA16 box with cone attached to that and it works a lot better can defiantly feel a difference a lot smoother power delivery :)

Photo0094_zpse25cec39.jpg

Youll get the famous induction roar, and probably lose a bit of power depending on how you set it up and pipe diameters ect.

I found throttle responsece suffered with just a pipe from the tb onto a cone filter.

Now have a empty GA16 box with cone attached to that and it works a lot better can defiantly feel a difference a lot smoother power delivery :)

Photo0094_zpse25cec39.jpg

Thanks buddy, sounds good, u think empty micra box would work well too? I could go for it

dotn see why not, most people just grab a GA16 box because its got a bigger capacity.

if all you want is noise with 0 cost just take the pipe off that goes into the box :cool:

Back