Car sounds like a chavs dream... any ideas please?

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
Basically i put janspeed on my car. (1.4 2001 micra)

So it has no front cat.

It has no second cat as standard.

After I fitted the janspeed the silencer in the center section broken.

So I had it replaced. But for some reason ALL replacement centre sections for micras (2000+) do not have a silencer in the centre section.

So my exhaust is straight through all the way to the back box.

It sounds ridiculous.

Anyone have any idea what I can do as im on a budget aswell now throwing money at this stupid problem :(

frank: thats good idea but dont they charge arm and a leg for cats at scrappys? i shall maybe have a look when i get chance.

phil: just standard nissan backbox that came with the car :)

rlees85

i,ve got a spare 2nd cat and my middle pipe did,nt cost a lot, (local motor factor), some have got a centre (sausage like) box (maybe the 1.3 or the 3yr warranty one ?)

I've got a mid silencer as well as a rear silencer on my SR (custom Powerflow catback). It's pretty quiet at idle but can still be quite loud when revved. Yours must be nutty!

frank: where you from? id happily take this off your hands :) yeah they have a sausage shaped bit on them but i swear its empty becuase my car sounds like the local chavs corsa lol

or could my backbox just be fubard?? :/ :/ i think its just the sausage shape thing is empty tho....

or could my backbox just be fubard?? :/ :/ i think its just the sausage shape thing is empty tho....

What do you get, if you put a Chav on the moon?
A problem.
What do you get, if you put 2 Chavs on the moon?
Twice the problem.
What do you get, if you put all the Chavs on the moon?
Problem solved :)

if your on about a std system..

its not a real silancer in the centre section, its only just a silght bigger bore, witch appraently makes it sound sportier, it doesnt make a diffrance in silancing...

the 1.0 didnt have them where as 1.3 had them.

nothing wrong with rasp :p my car has first cat in place straight back :)

Back