car wont start? just making clicking sound

L.Williams

soundcloud.com/lwilliamsmusic
whats up guys, erm basically my car has been doing this since the snow has finished, as a rough timeline, basically it wont start for ages, just makes a clicking sound as if the engine has frozen or got stuck, i bought a new battery, as my old one was low and really old, it worked for 2 days, now this morning it took me like 15 mins before i got the engine mumbling and had to put full acceleration before it sort of came to life...so annoying! could it be starter motor? i need help!

If you have a recent Battery,and can verify that it has a good charge,and holds the charge......and you are still getting the symptoms of very sluggish turning over,then it's your Starter motor that's at fault.

This happened to me once on a previous car, put it in first then tried pushing forward to free starter motor. Then it started. As if starter was jammed. Dunno if that can happen lol

thanks guys, no worries now, like sr steve mentioned, the starter motor got stuck, probably due to the car being 15 years old, or just coz of the cold and dirt haha

Back