sorting out my car!

bombz4

Ex. Club Member
Hi guys, must say im loving driving a micra not a citroen ax! but as ever the micra has a few problems and i need some help.

Firstly with all this rain im getting water in the drivers footwell (its even unstuck the plastic foot pad thing). Do I need to re-seal my windscreen? i dont think its comming from my rear lights or my sunroof, where could be the culprit?
and where can i get a cheap new grill and passenger wing from??

Also im now after an exhaust manifold also as cheap as possible, if thats possible!

At the moment the car is running with high emmisions and is having trouble idling without choke untill warmed up thourghly, I think this is because I dont really know how to adjust my webber to fuel it better (since the new cam went in), but hopefully il get some good weather and il try to get my su carb on and working (I bought it off bob ages ago) and hopefully get that exhaust manifold and then take it on a rolling road.

also eds bonnet to go on soon!
and the alarm to finish as soon as i find the problem with the interior light!

I'm really going to make a push with the car now, I want to get it finished this year to the way I want it before it starts to get to old and shabby. It took a new sill, bottom ball joints and multiple welds to pass the MOT I dont see it passing many more or atleast me bothering to keep it on the road! my dad refuses to help! He hates my car! any thoughts welcome! cheers

bombz4

the best way to find a waterleak is to get someone to spray the car with a hose while you look for the leak

Or if you want a bit of fun use a few smoke pellets and see where it comes out of the car. Sometimes easier than water as you can see it better and it won't get your car wet.

Ive got a hose point at my uni house just no hose, il try and "borrow" one for half hour! as for the smoke pellet i'd just be scared to stain my car or something!

Can anyone give me some info on where I can get an exhaust manifold made up? I did a quick search but couldnt find much, will try again.

this sounds like a nice k10, any pics.

If you want a cheap car alarm, i posted something in general chat which you might be intrested in, ill have a search

Ive already got an alarm cheers, ive just got to finish wiring it in.
im taking the bonnet to be sprayed 2mo, and if the weather is good il try and finish the alarm.
I dont have a decent camera at the moment but will find one and take some, its still a bit of a mess at the moment.

Back