Exhaust is chucking water out!

bombz4

Ex. Club Member
i lost just over a liter of water in about 100 miles over the last week, refilled the rad and wedged a bottle behind the grill with the over flow in it, and drove home to find half pint in the bottle. What could cause this? the head gasket has just been replaced!!
My dad is saying because i have heating inside the car the water must be running around the engine? and the thermostat is new also. If this is the head gasket he will want me to boot my car for something more reliable!

Im almost debating putting my 1.0l engine in the car, but id still want to move the cam over etc. i dont know what to do! ive put too much effort into keeping it on the road!

im having my gasket done at the moment on my k10 super s. but the radiator fell apart lol so getting a new one with that hopfully i dont have no problems as ive spend allot of it already :)

hope you get ur problem sorted

Siy

bombz4

if you fill the rad to the brim, it will spit out a 1/2 pint of water when hot, as long as at does,nt drop any more, it,ll be fine

So apart from the "overflow pipe" acctully doing its job is there anything wrong? Over heating or the title water coming out of the exhaust, how much........could just be condenstion!

Back