Got to tax my car...

P

Pete.

I'm leaving it until the last possible moment, since I'm getting a new 2nd hand car (and taking my Micra off the road to fix it up as a long term project... track day car?), and you can bet he'll ring to say its available as soon as I put the cash down in the Post Office... if I go in on the 31st, it updates the DVLA computer instantly, nyet?
Just to avoid any hassle with the automatic fine system, is all. :suspect:

Just make sure you have all the valid paper work to renew your tax, such as valid insurance and MOT certificates! If you dont have these and you leave it to the last minute, your tax will expire and you'l get in trouble lol.

i think you actually get a 'safety net' of seven days after your tax runs out to renew it, before you get the £80 fine for late/no tax.

well, i had a tax reminder for a car of mine that ran out on 31/12/05, but i sold the car on 20/12. However, i never got round to sending the V5 off until 17/1/06, and i never heard anything about it.

I intend to do that, and claim back however many complete months are left on the tax, when I get my other car. :)

Back