sorry guys and gals

masterbiker

Ex. Club Member
Some of you will be disapointed with this news, others will be happy that another K12 is off the road.

But I am (well already started) getting rid of my K12 and getting the car that I wanted to get. Which is a mini cooper. I was going to wait until spetember when the 1.6K12SR was going to come out, but mine will need a service in about 800 miles so I thought why waste money, with its second service, when I could get a new car now?

I still like the idea of putting the 150bhp 2L megane engine into a K12 but that will be down the line somewhere and only if someone like George (nicon23) well give me a hand.

Anyone with a 1.2 or 1.4 K12 get your booty over to the buy/sell as I am going to sell my induction kit there. May also have some ICE to sell to (I have still do decide on it tho)

ah man shame to leave it. is it too late? the k12 sr could be a lot more fun and higher performance than the cooper. service only costs about £30 if you ask a independent garage to change oil and filters and stamp your book for that.

Attachments

• DSCI0093.JPG
    DSCI0093.JPG
    266.5 KB · Views: 199
To be honest about it I didn't want the micra in the first place. I wanted a mini.

The story behind it is I had a 205 1.8D that was emptying its coolant every time I used it (pritty sure it was leaking into the chamber as after I changed the hoses the signs of spraying coolant went from the engine bay but it started using more water! The rear torsion bar was broken etc.

But anyways I drove it up from uni in the easter hols and gave my dad a lift to work in it and he said he wouldn't let me drive it back down as it was unsafe. And the only new car that I could get on time to be able to go back to uni was the micra. He wouldn't let me get a second had car for some reason? But as he said he would pay for it while I was at uni I didn't complain.

I have to say that I have realy enjoyed the micra and being part of this comunity and I will still contribute to it!

My sister sells minis. Infact she came back from work the other day with a rare Mini Cooper S with £4K flip paint and John Cooper S works Kit. An amazing car. Its sale value is about £26K or so. A lot of Money for a mini!!! Looked great though.

Ed

Yeah, they have a few at the stirling garage here. I may still not get the mini tho as the sales person said my micra is only worth £4300. I then drove down the road to the nissan dealer and they said that they are trying to rob me and that they would easly give me £6000 for a 1.2SX 2004 as they would sell it for £7500, so I have a bit of haggeling to do when I go back in to sort the finace out.

you got rid of yours a while back tho?

Well I did mannage to haggle a bit and got it to £4900 so it kinda works out about the same to cancel the finance or to take the trade in price as I will have to pay about £1500 to pay up to the termination and £1430 + the trade in to pay up the rest of the finance, if you get what I mean.

eg either I pay £1283 +the excess mileage (which is alot! 5p per mile +vat) so its going to be a bit more that £1500

or take the trade in and only have to pay £1430

I could sell private but I don't have the time with work and there isn't space for it at the house + I am crap at haggeling so I probibly would get less than the trade in :-(

well the next car I get I aint going there, but my hands are tied with them for now.

Attachments

• k11.jpg
    k11.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 201
  • k111.jpg
    k111.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 211
  • k112.jpg
    k112.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 178
  • k113.jpg
    k113.jpg