another suspension thread sorry guys!

CMF_95Micra

» CMF Member
Hey guys,

I did a bit of a search but couldn't find an answer to my ?

I'm wanting to know what springs and shocks from other cars will fit the front and rear of my 95 lx?

What can be directly bolted into the front?

What can be bolted into the front with minor mods?

What fits in the rear?

I need to know this as I want to try and get something for my micra, however I need front and rear to be the same car model.

Hope you guys/girls can help me out.

Cheers 95

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Some people use Daewoo Matiz front struts and springs in the front and Holden Barina rear shocks in the rear

CMF_sr20micramike

» CMF Member
This has been covered a thousand times on www.micra.org.uk...the uk micra forum.

your best cheap option would be vauxhall corsa/holden barina coilovers,you can get them from ebay.co.uk and probablyy shipped to oz for much less than getting items for yahoo.jp

CMF_Schnapper

» CMF Member
Buy some sb barina rear shocks and matiz rear springs. Put that in the rear but you'll need to grind some of the shock lower bush tube cause its too wide to fit in the stock micra. I cut the standard springs on front shocks so its just captive and its a good height now. Don't waste any more money unless you get coil overs.

I bought matiz front setup and it doesn't fit, not sure if I was sold the wrong thing but its far from a direct bolt on.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Schnapper WROTE:

"Buy some sb barina rear shocks and matiz rear springs. Put that in the rear but you'll need to grind some of the shock lower bush tube cause its too wide to fit in the stock micra. I cut the standard springs on front shocks so its just captive and its a good height now. Don't waste any more money unless you get coil overs.

I bought matiz front setup and it doesn't fit, not sure if I was sold the wrong thing but its far from a direct bolt on.

the matiz rears fit the k11 front legs better than the rear (cut rears are safer because they sit in a deep cup, cut fronts have too much "pigtail" and dont sit in the perch very well)
and no, matiz complete front legs are,nt direct fit, but they are about 50mm shorter in length

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
It's simple adjustments to the Daewoo Matiz strut takes all of like 30mins if you have the tools

CMF_95Micra

» CMF Member
Thanks for the reply guys.

First off, I'm not looking at putting coil overs or lowering. I have something else in mind and don't want to spoil it.

Do civic or any others fit?

So far you guys gave me 3 answers

Daewoo Matiz
corsa/holden barina (coilovers)

CMF_niiCk

» CMF Member
front matiz shocks for the front and rear springs and barina shocks for the rear.

great combo, and feels oem but shorter:p

thats your best bet i rekon.
Civic suspension wont fit, even if you use just the springs. the spring rate is too high and when you lower the car, it wont move at all. Its just too stiff for a light car like the micra

CMF_niiCk

» CMF Member
civic front struts are completely different.
They have the fork type bottom ends so they wont fit at all.

the best front struts you can use are daewoo matiz front struts..
not much mods at all and rides as oem!

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Sorry for the revival, just wanting to know what's the length differences between the SB Barina and the Micra rear shocks?

CMF_Danvillan

» CMF Member
There is about a 60mm difference between the shocks. I've got a set that I was going to install in my micra along with some matiz struts but bought coilovers from Tyrie instead.

Attachments

• 81942.jpg
    81942.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 29

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Thanks for that Danvillan, was thinking of going lower then what I already am, but I am now getting my old Front bumper back so I think I my need to lift my car again

Back