Hi Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty_C

Ex. Club Member
Its been a while since i posted on this forum must be going back 2 years atleast. Just seeing how your all getting on and to see how many of the old firm are still on here and still have micras.

Sadly i don't any more mainly due to increasing family i currently run a 1994 Volvo 440 (stands back for amazed on lookers)

Just a quick reminder for those who have no idea who i am Black K12 with Impul kit (Including spoiler) Reg K12 MKC

Well might be back in a micra soon (one for the missus) but she really wants an Austin Mini and part of me wants one as well. Who can give me 10 good reasons not to get a mini and buy a micra as i can only give her 2

Well have fun guys see you later

Micra +'s
1. More room
2. More reliable
3. Easy to get parts
4. Cheaper parts
5. Easier to drive
6. More refined
7. Better gearbox
8. 16v Engine
9. Better crash protection
10. Bigger boot

Mini's:
Easy to nick
Rusty floorpans
Hard to get parts
Battery cables run under the car so are unprotected as my dad found out when he kerbed it and the battery started boiling.

That's all I got

Minis overheat when pushed hard or are stood in traffic.

Minis rust badly around the rear radius arm mounts, rear subframes, front headlights, door bottoms, battery tray, rear inner wheel arches, a panel bottoms, inner front wings around the shock mounts, a pillar around the door hinges, roof corners, also around the bottom corners of the windscreen.

Minis are well overpriced for what they are.

Minis don't like running in the wet, damp always gets to the dizzy and leads.

Minis are incredibly noisy inside.

Most minis have an oil leak or two.

The heaters in Minis are total c**p.

Minis are lethal in a hard crash from any direction.

The standard brakes on a Mini are absolute rubbish, especially the older (pre '84 models) with the front drum brakes, they suffer badly with brake fade.

Minis are very high maintenance.

I speak from experience here as I have owned and modified several Minis (probably around 10) during the '80s and '90s.

I wouldn't recommend a Mini to anyone who doesn't know their way around a toolbox or doesn't have deep pockets.

i,ll second sonics opinion, been there, done that myself. cars have evolved bigtime since 1959
tho have very fond memories of racing in a senior ministock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back