Smoothening Boot

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
Im going to start tomorrow on smoothening my bumper and i undecided on where to put my numberplate. I could cut into the bumper and make a nice insert for it. Or.......im gonna add a seat splitter on the rear so i could put it at the bottom. What do u guys think. Any ideas welcome. In the bumper is a good bit of work but i smoothened my rear bumper so it migh take from it.......im really not sure what would look best. if only i could put the plate in the window....

make a recess, the plate on the ibiza splitter has been done to death, i had it and to be honest i hated it once i had it done, make a recess in the bumper

Why dont you just stick it anywhere? Thats what everyone else seems to do when they smooth the tailgate. I thought the idea was making the rear end look clean and theres this big number plate just stuck on anywhere.
If your gonna do it do it properly and put a cutout in the bumper low down.
Like they used to do on the vw's

tajones said:
Why dont you just stick it anywhere? Thats what everyone else seems to do when they smooth the tailgate. I thought the idea was making the rear end look clean and theres this big number plate just stuck on anywhere.
If your gonna do it do it properly and put a cutout in the bumper low down.
Like they used to do on the vw's

Smoothen the boot yes, ive done it. But put the number plate anywhere............... If i make a nice recess it would be something different. I want to try get my car looking a bit different to others........... Not putting the way other members put there plates or that on there car, i just have a different idea and want to hear other opinions..............

Gemma85 said:
yeh hun :) i think did u see me wave in my cleo?

good luck with the smooting ;)

it coulda been you. but i dont pay much attention to the cars going passed unless they sound/look nice. drive passed tomorrow :p 5-9

Igot it done anyway but the car is going soon......
89.jpg

Anto Modded said:
Igot it done anyway but the car is going soon......
89.jpg

Looks quality - any chance of a small explanation of how you went about doing it? :love:

I cut out some steel to fill the boot close to the outside. Then i welded it and kept applying layers of isopon and rububbing it down after each layer till i got the round in it. But i cheated a bit this time and put a round in a length of stick so it had the near enough round of the boot, so when i put the isopon it i brought the stick accross it and it was also handy to checking the round as well. Im not the best at explaining things by the way. I hope that made some sort of sense

it only takes a day and a half to smoothen and spray the boot. And person who is interested in mine wants the boot so wouldnt be able to keep it anyway

Back