smoothed boot need reg light

S

super_s

im getting my boot smoothed next week and have got a square reg plate to go on the bumper but legally have to have a light to light up the plate......any suggestions how i could do this or what light to use off what car if it comes off a car

any help appreciated

Getting mine done at the moment mate. How i'm doing it is getting some of the LED washer jets, and will wire them in and, have them on the plate, shining down. Will post up pics when i've done it.

titch, i dun think they gonna be bright enough dude + u need to make sure they are white or they illegal anyway. Best bet is to do what i said, only gonna cost like £2. Get some LED number plate bolts and just use some sort of cover to direct the light. If you think bout it, the LED washer jets only glow a small amount, doubt will be enough to light a plate up

demon tweeks have some led plate bolts designed for this they have a ap over them to direct the light to where u want it

Yeah the washer jets are bright enough, I saw them on Gavs and actually work very well as they point the light downwards over the reg plate. Best thing to do looks wise is to get a recess made for the number plate to go and light it up properly with a light, would look so much better than it just been stuck on I reckon hehe. :)

micra man said:
Yeah the washer jets are bright enough, I saw them on Gavs and actually work very well as they point the light downwards over the reg plate. Best thing to do looks wise is to get a recess made for the number plate to go and light it up properly with a light, would look so much better than it just been stuck on I reckon hehe. :)

LOL - GAVS WERENT WASHER JETS! He took the bulb holders from the boot handle of the k11 with the bulbs in and fitted em above the reg plate. He then got some FOLIATEC SPLASH CAPS and fitted them above the bulbs to direct the light. Seriosuly dont think the washer jets will be bright enough as they only glow, they dont actually direct light if you know what i mean: Splash caps ->

http://foliatec.de/1_english.shtml - then go to online catalouge -> Exterior styling -> Splash caps -> More details

yea i thought they was too.... dunno if n e 1 got pic of his car... but if u look at the rear then u can c them, exact shape etc as washer jets.... altho me thinks the other idea wud b better as havin 2 chrome things stickin out mite look silly

NO!!! They arent washer jets lol - i got a txt on my phone off him coz i asked him how he done it about a month ago when i was getting mine done and if you look at them they arent the same shape as washer jets, they are flat on one side and curved on the other side! He told me thats how he done it. He has the number 2 splash caps in the pic! He even told me where to go to get them from n that trust me!

Think that washer jets will do the trick, if not i'll look at getting the splash caps mate. Will let you know how i get on.

danni said:
yea i thought they was too.... dunno if n e 1 got pic of his car... but if u look at the rear then u can c them, exact shape etc as washer jets.... altho me thinks the other idea wud b better as havin 2 chrome things stickin out mite look silly

Shouldn't look to bad i think, will look into it when i get the car back. Apart from the washer jets and slash caps, i can't really think of another way to do it. Anyone?!

:kungfu:

like dan said n showed in the pic... a recess into the bumper... i think that idea wud b cool and look the best but cud b expensive?

Yea, means changing it all and stuff, will see how it looks when i've got it back, and then decide from there
:kungfu:

Back