• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

Slowly but surely...

Daniel

I WILL be back...
Ok, thought I'd use the ####e weather as an excuse to post an update on my Micra (Y)

Weather, money, and local mechanics/friends/metal fabricators/workmates/#######s bailing on me means I've had to put a hold on any major engine work - so I've now got a set of CBR600 carbs with K&N filters (among other things) sat in my garage because I can't find anyone who is willing to fit them :( ! Oh well, maybe it'll pick up again in the summer.

Everything else has been going smoothly though - especially when you consider my K11 was pretty much standard 2 months ago. Managed to sort out most of the dents and scratches, still got a hefty one on the nearside rear wing. Will hopefully be knocking it out soon. Fitted a new nearside front wing, been looking everywhere for one that matches the colour of my car! And it was only £10, bargain! :grinning:

Still got a bit of rust to sort out on the offside front wing (might just buy a replacement wing, probably cheaper and easier than filler and a respray) and the offside rear wheel arch. Small hole in the offside drivers door where some chav kicked it :glare:

So the current modifications, so far:

Engine modifications

Green Cotton air filter
K&N oil breather filter
Jap-style 4” slash cut backbox with burnt tip
Janspeed de-cat pipe
Heat-proof exhaust wrap from manifold to backbox
Handmade exhaust brackets
Pipercross cold air feed
NGK spark plugs
Horn relocated

Handling modifications

Apexi lowering springs (70mm front and rear)
Falken 195/45/R15 tyres
OMP upper front strut brace

Exterior modifications

15” Calibre Dub deep dish alloys
VW Polo front splitter
Open mouth lower grill
Resprayed upper grills
HID bulb kit
Removed all bumper strips, mudguards, stickers, and logos
Removed rear wiper and motor
K11 tailgate handle (pre-facelift)
Bonnet raised by 10mm
Chrome washer jets
Ripspeed ariel
Lightweight windscreen wipers
Front callipers and rear drums painted red
Inside headlight surround sprayed black
Removed middle brake light (inside, above parcel shelf)
Removed gear lever gaiter and surround
Removed sun visors

Interior modifications

Momo steering wheel
Ripspeed gear knob
Ripspeed handbrake lever
Ripspeed tax disc holder
Ripspeed mats
Ripspeed seatbelt pads
Ripspeed door sill protectors

ICE

Sony head unit with iPod hook-up
2 x Kenwood door speakers with built in tweeters (400 watts each)
Vibe 6x9s with built in tweeters (460 watts each)
Fli Trap 12 Mark I subwoofer (1000 watts)
Mosfet 4 channel amplifier (500 watts)
Vibe wiring and fuses

Somehow, I managed to break the latch on my glovebox :doh:, so had to rip the thing out. Thought about finding a replacement, but since the whole car is going to be completely stripped out at some point, I may as well just leave it for now.

Will upload pics as soon as there's a break in the rain so I can give the Micra a proper clean and take some decent photos. Will put up pics before and after for comparison, a lot has changed in 2 months :grinning:

Back