SR20DE powered Wide Arch micra Progress..

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
Ive not had an update on this project for a while so ill start a single thread an update it from here..

The spec list is MEGA on this car..

dsc00002ac2.jpg

Engine-

PreCAT HIGHPORT Redtop SR20DE
Stainless 4,2,1 Autocrome Race manifold
Stainless Custom 3'' Downpipe Back
Stainless 3''inlet 'HKS Fireball' Backbox
Custom ALUMINIUM CAI Crome finish with BLUE breather hoses
HKS Irridium Plugs
Apexi filter
All Jubilee clips replaced
All Zip ties BLUE
Custom COPPER Radiator
Custom Hosework
Davies Craig Electric Waterpump
Battery relocated to boot
Full EGT loom fitted
EGT ECU
Racworx Shortshifter
Custom Mounts
WRC Spec Complete Shafts
BLITZ BLUE 0.9mm HT leads
Apexi oil filler cap

Ive got these turbo bits to go on after the MOT

GTIR Turbo manifold PowderCoated
Gtir Turbo Elbow
HKS Downpipe

to buy a FMIC

( Mechanical water pump removed, Powersteering pump removed )
( Gtir manifold and elbow, HKS downpipe all waiting to go on after MOT )

Bodywork/Interior/Chassis-

( the car was originally a facelift '98 converted to Prefaclift )

Full WORKS rally wide arch kit (50mm)
Consisting of:

Complete fibreglass front bumper - Customised
Complete fibreglass Rear bumper - Customised
Complete fibreglass Front wings - Customised
Complete fibreglass Rear quarters - Customised
Complete fibreglass tailgate Spoiler - Customised

Spoiler Smoothed to boot
Boot Smoothed and flushed
Doors Smoothed and flushed of Lock and handle
Solidnoids in doors
BadBoy bonnet
Door poppers in wing mirrors

White Rear lights with custom LED Array
Custom Smoked front lights
Custom OPEN MOUTH Front grill

Converted to prefaclift dash- customised for dial pod
Precat eGT dials
Custom Switch arrangment in dash
Push button Start
Cobra Bucket seats

Stripped out COMPLETLY from seats back.
280mm Pace Pro steering wheel
Raid Boss Kit
D1 Spec Quick release
eGT wiper/indicator stalks

GTIR front calipers - Blue with White detailing
GTIR 256mm Front discs - VENTED
KYB Shocks all round
Gmax Springs all round
Sparco Strutbrace
Sparco Bonnet pins
Sparco Boot pins
Sparco Fuel filler neck and lockable Cap
Whiteline rear Adjustable Panhard Rod

14x9 Borbet Type T's - et15
4x 225-40-14 Toyo Proxies
4x 195-45-14 Falkens

Couple of pics of the build so far:

dscn3950mz3.jpg

dscn3948ic1.jpg

I had a big setback with this car when the mounts were wrong.. I had to completly disasemble the front end in order to remove the block, mounts then renew them in a slightly different place...

However the Main work is now over.. Today I reconnected all the electrics and tested them again, After a small earthing hitch I got round to testing all the electrics..

and today they ALL work 100%...

Just got to rebuild the whole front end now, Fit the RAD, finish the bodywork, and sort out the doors locks and solinoids, Weld up my Full 3'' exhaust system and HKS Fireball exhaust Backbox...

Oh.. Gotta get some Registration plates on the front and back also..

Check out this cleareance on the front calipers..

dscn3951vr4.jpg

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
this gonna fly m8. friendly race when its done? whats youre expected power output when its complete. you set ur self a deadline or sum sort of time scale. looking mean, did you get the bonnet done locally?

CMF_K11SS

» CMF Member
more than likey done the bonnet himself, kristian is a true modder that jus works from home doing all the work himself.... im so jealous :(

love this car n hope to see it sometime like a lot of people do :D

stephen

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
JAXX- cheers mate, yer its all done from home..

So if you want one.. gimme a shout!! I dont charge anything near the price of a normal 'shop' to do the work..

K11SS- cheers for the shout mate! xx

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
yes nice one mate. so how long you think it be off road worthy. your ins will no doubt have a field day with it. unless your another one with company ins! lol

CMF_benben

» CMF Member
That is going to be one awesome car mate. Love the body kit! , I don’t know if you would ever be up for it again but I was wondering how much would you charge to do a sr20 conversion with all part provided?

Thanks mate benben

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
Given a primera as a donor car and the car for 2/3 weeks, Id charge about 2.5 grand for the car with the engine fitted with 12months MOT..

Also Depends on what upgrades you want in addition.. ? uprated brakes or some bodywork styling. etc...? would add a little more..

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
jaxx WROTE:

"yes nice one mate. so how long you think it be off road worthy. your ins will no doubt have a field day with it. unless your another one with company ins! lol

..depends on getting time off work.. It doesn't take that long to do the conversion its just getting the time off..

Id say ive put 2 weeks into it so far, and need another week..

The bodywork has added to most time..

INS? dont get you mate lol

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
yes insurance? how you go about that. am doing ok with adrian flux, they said they would send me a moddified insurance form out to fill in when i declare it. whats the crack with your monster then, i got a quote for the sr20det engine, and it was like around 2K and excess was like double that lol

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
Ive got all the parts for the turbo now and intend on fitting a turbo after the MOT so ive decided on a 3'' Stainless mandrel bent system

So save GREATLY on cost and to ensure I got the exact system I wanted Ive built one from scratch...

For your information, a full 3'' Mandrel bent system will fit over a K11 micra rear axle..

The car is lowered with 35mm Gmax springs but has next to nothing in the back... It will be being lowered a little bit more.. but if your looking at 70mm lowering etc, it might get a little bit tricky...

Still...

easy enough..

cimg1690zd0.jpg

cimg1688cn3.jpg

Im waiting for some more pieces of exhaust and some flanges to arrive and im set to finish the whole system, hope they arrive tomorrow so I can hear the thing now!

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
What about them..

They are fitted and fine.. ( WRC Spec complete custom shafts. )

Mechanically the car is done.. its just the bodywork and exhaust.. thans loads of finishing touches!!

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
Well considering iv got 2000cc of displacment with a turbo soon to be fitted. It had to be a full Mandrel bent 3'' system, Which I was sure I could manage to fit over the rear axle without any fouling issues ( i.e not hitting the chassis anywhere )

Despite being told otherwise..

So to save dramatically on cost I picked up the Sections pieces in stainless and went about fabricating it from sctatch..

AARON: yes thats the hard part.. hence why ive used long bolts on the hangers so help with a 'bit of adjustment' when the system is complete, if needed..

WRC spec means World Rally Championship, when you have drive shafts made you can either get them welded together or for much better strength you can have some shafts fabricated from scratch, when doing this there are varying levels of strength again.. with WRC being near the top...

obviously if your running quite a light car with a low powered engine, you dont need the strength or a drag car ..

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
tris WROTE:

"wow.... sorry to bring a dead thread back out of the grave... but does anyone have any recent pics or atleast finished pics of this car!! looks ****in sweet

im sure Kristian wont mind me showing these???

Attachments

• 30043.jpg
    30043.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 46
Back