slight tiny wee chingy noise from my chain on strart up

can anybody offer me advice on the reliability of these chains, i dnt want to have to replace it, i do know that my throttle body is needing replaced and thats goin to be my nxt thing.

does the timing chains need to be replaced or have there been cases of them snapping, its only a tiny wee noise from time to tome, apart from the slightly ruff start due to the throttle body my 96 micra is minted and drives perfectly and sounds sweet to.

cheers for reading

can anybody offer me advice on the reliability of these chains, i dnt want to have to replace it, i do know that my throttle body is needing replaced and thats goin to be my nxt thing.

does the timing chains need to be replaced or have there been cases of them snapping, its only a tiny wee noise from time to tome, apart from the slightly ruff start due to the throttle body my 96 micra is minted and drives perfectly and sounds sweet to.

cheers for reading

dont worry about it mate it will be fine

hi

its a p reg with 80000 0n the clock, drives like a new car, think it was am old man that had it, not a clue about when it was last serviced but i am gonna change, oil, fuel and air filter, also oil change and spark plugs, dunno what to use, 15 40 part synthetic or 10 40 part synthetic ???

Mate my cars on 105K miles. The chain is also starting to rattle mainly when you give it a bit of revs and then straight after it sounds like a bunch of spanners rattling around but stops after say 2-3 second. My nissan man said £800 to get it fixed because you have to take the top and bottom half of the engine out. Not sure about that but I aint paying it as it's not a problem just anoying!

Mate my cars on 105K miles. The chain is also starting to rattle mainly when you give it a bit of revs and then straight after it sounds like a bunch of spanners rattling around but stops after say 2-3 second. My nissan man said £800 to get it fixed because you have to take the top and bottom half of the engine out. Not sure about that but I aint paying it as it's not a problem just anoying!

Looking for a replacement car would be cheaper than £800, + Was that an official garage price? Mine seem to add a couple of £00's compared to local garages.

I've only ever heard of 1 timing chain break when a careless friend banged car into first at 30mph ish & dropped the clutch.It was on a Fiesta so at least a happy ending to the story.
My cars done 80000 and has rattly old chains especially when the engines cold.I have pushed it to its limits on many occasions with no drama...
I'll ask my mechanic what he would charge.
£800 sounds like a quote from someone who don't fancy the job..

hi

ave heard of it bein dearer than that, £1000 and its just usually tensioners.

got my car for £500 with a years mot and 80000 and pushed it to the limit aswell just for a test lol, runs fine and theres no vibration at speed, excellent car, gonna try and solder the bit inside the throttle body, failing that a new one which al fit myself

hi

not a job ad take on or have done, its nothing major, its ever so slight, theres a thought does the timing have anything to do with the throttle body goin wrong or the way the car starts, similar symptoms to the throttle body if you know what i mean, or has it nothing to do with it.

the car runs like a dream once it gets past that annoying start up prob

not a job ad take on or have done, its nothing major, its ever so slight, theres a thought does the timing have anything to do with the throttle body goin wrong or the way the car starts, similar symptoms to the throttle body if you know what i mean, or has it nothing to do with it.

the car runs like a dream once it gets past that annoying start up prob

No,separate issues.

hi

your cars the exact same as mine, colour and all, exept mines standard, which brings me to another question, ave been looking for a replacement boot for mines as the holes for attaching the number plate have gotten bigger with rust, very large hole, its the only bit thats like that on the car.

do you have possibly links to sites i can get the right colour for my car, breakers etc.

cheers.

i also used to have a fiat cinq aswell, was a good car, didnt let me down once.

cheers

id be worried if the chain made any rough kind of noises, my mate had a 1.0 micra and i was able to hear the chain rattling about. i said to him id be suprised if the car lasted 2 weeks, it didnt even make it to a week! a timing chain kit is less than £150, getting it fitted will cost alot! you might need a new engine in a few months if you say its not too bad yet...

hi

cheers for advice, its just ocassional, slight tiny wee noise but car runs fine, it just happens on corners and start up, then go,s away, apart fae that the car runs fine.

was told not to worry about at and was told these chains dnt snap.

do you have more info on this

im hopein it lasts a cpl of years, i only do around 7000 miles a year

wot was the mileage on his car when this happend ???

Back