Loss of power , not smooth etc etc NOT TB though !!

Evening the on going SAGA !! finally replaced the throttle body with a spot on one ie off my wifes 98 1.0L which revs like a trooper nice and smooth no hestitation etc etc !!! It has made a slight difference but its still far from perfect !!! Getting ticked off now fitted induction kit correctly and this is A1 ie no air leaks starts on the key idils perfectly etc etc !!!

Ive a Frank Manifold Janspeed Decat and sports back box to fit and would love it spot on before i get these on to see and hear the improvements !!!!

Ive changed plugs oil and filters 2 moths ago Ht leads look in good nick but is there any other likeky cause car is reliable but not as it should and ive ruled out the Tb as it hasnt sorted the problem .All advise and ideas very much appreciated , thx SEFIK

Hi mate does it sound like it's misfiring , reckon you should try the ht leads off the mrs car, that was my problem before mate?

try unplugging the lambda sensor, see if it makes any difference. Mine idled perfectly but when i came to drive it it kangarooed all over the place, I replaced the TB, dizzy, spark plugs, HT leads. I was about to give up but i decided to unplugg the lambda and it stopped the hesitation and kangarooing and there was still a slight loss in power, when I replaced it though it ran sweet again.

cheers guys ill rob the wife of her leads over the weekend :wasntme: and then see the differance , failing that ill go down the lamba sensor route !! Ps the Lamba sensor is the sticky out thing that screws into manifold/down pipe ???? ( sorry been a long 14hr day at work ):down:

Ps the Lamba sensor is the sticky out thing that screws into manifold/down pipe ???? ( sorry been a long 14hr day at work ):down:

Correct follow the wire to grey plug and unplug it, go for a drive and see if the HESITATION has gone there will still be a loss of power. If it cures the hesitation it will be the lambda.

it's a good idea to replace the lambda sensor every couple of years with a service anyhow as it is quite a vital bit of kit! Good luck on sorting it (Y)

cheers gang never got round to sorting car out ,Transported a load of pond fish on saturday and i kid you not the tanks exploded 100 litres of water in the car bailing out at side of road , ruined !!! i now have a drived seat and nothing else in the car :doh:maybe next weekend :down:

cheers gang never got round to sorting car out ,Transported a load of pond fish on saturday and i kid you not the tanks exploded 100 litres of water in the car bailing out at side of road , ruined !!! i now have a drived seat and nothing else in the car :doh:maybe next weekend :down:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:...................( SORRY )

got that strippped out look !!! at least the carp and Koi made it !!! amazingly i was expecting a full bath worth of water to escape but the micra i can definatly vouch for is water tight !!!!!1 the car sticks of fish market though but im kind of liking the light feel of the car (Y)

Annoyingly ive been laid up all weekend with a back spasim like no other so cant even get out of bed let alone under the bonnett !!! im hoping to have a go in the week if all thing improve ill keep you guys posted (Y)

Back