Slight Leak From Gearbox Casing

How much would you say it costs to re-seal the gearbox casing? Just had a health check at nissan and before I tell you how much I was quoted, I'd like to see what you think! :laugh:

i dont believe any micra has a hydraulic clutch lol....

but if you want it done if the casing is cracked find someone who can weld ally or make it so its dry and sealer all over it might do the job for now

if its clear fluid coming from the very lowest part of the box, it may well be clutch fluid, CHECK the fluid level in the brake reservoir ( brake and clutch share the same fluid ) if its low it may be your leak.

Still annoyed I've not been told more by them, for an expensive repair I would have liked to have known the severity of this issue - especially from the dealership!

Had the car jacked up and had a proper look. Not even a proper leak! Could easily be mistaken for a splash mark. Anyway took it for a service and mechanic said was general wear and tear and not to worry too much until later mileage or if it's worse. Also, Nissan wanted £40 to flush and replace antifreeze! Saved £30 DIY (Y)

I'm not a fan of the dealers at the moment

Back