• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Sleeper_SS project

ferritboy

Ex. Club Member
Hi all,
Aquired this little gem at the weekend.
It's the one I've been waiting for after many other other Micra's have passed through my hands over the years.
3 owners,last lady (since 2005)has let her get very dirty.Surprisingly good under the grime though,damaged wing on N/S & a little rust in the usual place on sill on the O/S.Broken mirror & tailgate handle.
We got stuck into it on Sunday for a few hours cleaning it up & it got a new CV joint,engine flush,oil/filter,fuel filter & plugs fitted today.We had a set of 15" alloys hanging around in the yard which we added.

I'll add more pictures as we go,suspension mods are imminent....

We got into it today (Tues)as work related commitments took over at the weekend.
Car is now propped right up in the air,slap-bang next to the workshop door so it won't be forgotten!
Suspension,wings & bumpers have been removed & we spent ages with brushes & the jetwash getting rid of 16 years of road debris.Very impressed with the results,no corrosion apart from small hole in front crossmember that will be an easy repair.
Underside,inner arches & inner wings are going to be re-sealed & waxoiled prior to suspension refitting with the lowering springs.

Back