Skimming Flywheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Right apologies if this has been covered before but search does'nt seem to give me a difinitive answer. Ive looked through Super ls's SR blog to figure it out but it seems as though his flywheel is different to mine :eek:

Basically things like this arent a strong point for me. Ive removed the flywheel this evening (thanks for the tips guys(Y)) and im taking it the local machine shop tomorrow afternoon but I havent a clue what to tell them to do. Can anyone give me the lowdown on how it's done (I know its done on a lathe but just mainly the process. Might be helpful for others too (although this might just be me :doh:)

Is it just the centre rear they skim or can they take the outside of? If so is it fine to bolt the backplate of the flywheel on without the locating studs?

Pics of my flywheel;
IMG00365-20100513-2002.jpg
IMG00367-20100513-2002.jpg

P/s apologies for the noobiness!

well thats just a bummer aint it! Thanks Frank, I take it I can interchange them with another 1.3 flywheel? If I get one from the breakers will it make a difference if its a 1.0L or a 1.3L flywheel?

yes joe, any 1.3 or post 98/pre 2000 1.0 (which is about 2kg lighter) and removing material from the outer perimeter has far more effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back