Flywheel

Robb

Site Supporter
Just a quickie :eek: i have not come across anywhere or anyone thats got a competition flywheel. Im sure there must be somewhere that does such a thing!

Was speakin to a mate he suprised by this, i would have thought it would be up there as an engine mod just like cams are. Im probably not looking hard enough but it would be awesome as it would make the engine sound much more racy as you can build and drop revs quicker (ie like a proper racing car sounds).

They are available...Jun make one for example, and you can even get them from Australia (a group buy i arranged awhile back now) :)

as youve suspected youve just gotta spend alot of time tracking them down. You can see my build thread, for a vid of the lightweight flywheel in my car, if you find the need :D

antony

i,m going back 6 yrs but 20 quid iirc
its best to check with a micrometer after, that they skimmed it true or get it balanced

Thanks guys thats certainly helpful to know, forgot about lightening the original, how much of a difference do you notice lightening the original?

Frank when you say machine shop is there anywhere you know of or would recommend? (noticed your from brum lol)

robb

it was a 3 man outfit on a trading estate in bordesley green, can direct you there if you want ?
or failing that theres a place down the road from me (great barr)
machining the outer edge makes the engine more responsive (especially in low gears)

Thanks guys thats certainly helpful to know, forgot about lightening the original, how much of a difference do you notice lightening the original?

Frank when you say machine shop is there anywhere you know of or would recommend? (noticed your from brum lol)

you could possibly look at a cg10 flywheel, but it'd have to be from a coilpack cg10 if it's for a cga3. i have a cg10 flywheel on my cg13, both from a 98 facelift so they both use the same 180mm clutch.maybe it's same for the cga3?
iirc the cg10 fly was 2kg lighter than my cg13 one. then you could look at getting that lightened so yours wont be off the road as long ;)

quick question swiper mate, i have a cg10 coil pack flywheel ready to fit. Can i use the pre facelift gearbox with it as i've noticed its thicker with the crank sensor plate.

Thanks Swiper i guess i would have to ask a nissan dealer unless anyone else on here knows if its the same with the cg13 and the cga (cough cough Ed or James) Sorry dont think i can PM (still gotta get round to official member lol). So youve noticed a big difference with the cg10 flywheel?

Thanks frank would you recommend these places then? Ive only used independant mechanics for mods like lowering lol :) Did it need balancing in any way after being lightened?

robb

recommend ? sure
it was self ballanced (wedged a bearing in the middle and spun and chalked it "who,s a cowboy ? " )
professional ballancing would be ideal but i dont know where and would probably cost 2 or 3 times the machining

quick question swiper mate, i have a cg10 coil pack flywheel ready to fit. Can i use the pre facelift gearbox with it as i've noticed its thicker with the crank sensor plate.

not sure on using the coilpack fly with a non coilpack box, if i had to guess, i'd say it won't work, but i've never compared them tbh.

Back