Site back.. Sorry guys..

cisco

» CMF Member
Apologies, the site has been down for 3 days straight..

This was caused by an administrative bungle during a migration process.

That's right, the site has been migrated..

Where?

DRUMROLL..

To my new dedicated DELL rack-mount Intel dual processor server living in Sydney, Australia. The site was previously hosted in the US, hence bad latency times for Australian users. Site should be quite a bit snappier and faster to load for everyone now.

Again, sorry about the stupid 3 days down time.

Hopefully we haven't lost many/any messages or anything, it was all backed up. Phew. Not like the "great forums crash of 2003". heh.

cisco

» CMF Member
Heaps of images are still missing, they are being uploaded in the background..

They will start to gradually return over the next few hours :)

Same with the old video clips.

cisco

» CMF Member
Ok good stuff.

Its slow for me right now because I'm uploading about 300Meg of images heh. But its fast when those aren't uploading.

Its possible some people's recent member photos or some recent photos out of the forum messages may have been lost, but not sure how many.. I'll also try to get them back from the old server.

cisco

» CMF Member
I already did leave the micra scene :( heheeh.

Ok glad its quicker.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah a bit, but mostly just uploading all the missing images now..

Its gunna take all night, for some reason, my connection is only uploading at like 6-8k/s. How painful is that.. Weird.

Should be around 25k/s. Hmm.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah that'd be ideal.

1.5mbit is reasonable though.. Even with 256k upload, it shoulda been sending at 25k/s..

Then I found out, my VOIP went down, so I rebooted the router.
Everything is fast again. Bloody router!

Videos are half finished uploading and most of the images are back up now, just getting the latest ones and putting those up.

By end of today, everything should be back 100%.

cisco

» CMF Member
Doh a few pictures are showing up along side the wrong messages... I.e. this thread.. There's a period where that has happened, but it will blow over ;)

cisco

» CMF Member
No you're right. Damn, sorry I didn't notice that. I know exactly why its caused. Its the same issues that's caused the images to show up on random unrelated posts.

Doh!

Stupid hosting backup/restore function.. Its gone and given all messages a fresh new ID number, so now everything is outta sync and the pictures are matching the wrong posts.

I'll try to get some energy to fix it this week.

cisco

» CMF Member
Fixed the broken forums browsing mate.

Some weird **** that was.. For some reason, some really old source code that's been there since day one, just happened to suddenly move itself.

WEIRD crap.. Anyway, fixed..

Computers SUCK. I want to become a brick layer for a month.

CMF_jdc5r

» CMF Member
Well done mate (Y).

Hmmmmmmmm Brick laying. Slap on the cement, slap on the brick. Repeat for a long time....................no brain required. Sounds oddly appealing.

CMF_ed.

» CMF Member
Not much sun in sydney for the past few days :(

Something to add to the to-do list...
private messaging isn't working.

Warning: include(contactform.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/micra/public_html/community/msgmember2.php on line 31

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'contactform.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/micra/public_html/community/msgmember2.php on line 31

cisco

» CMF Member
Thanks mate - fixed.

Stuffed if I know why that happened also. Its like an old version of the source code appeared from somewhere randomly..

IF you find any more, let us know. Thanks a lot

Yeah.. bring on some outdoor labour!

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah in all seriousness I would never actually really consider it.

I think its just part of being an office worker that you always say random comments about outdoor jobs. See movie: office space :)

Sitting on your arse all day at a desk job lets the muscles grow while you're doing a weight training program ;P

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
cisco WROTE:

"Yeah in all seriousness I would never actually really consider it.<BR><BR>I think its just part of being an office worker that you always say random comments about outdoor jobs. See movie: office space :)<BR><BR>Sitting on your arse all day at a desk job lets the muscles grow while you're doing a weight training program ;P

You couldn't be more right. Apart from being a bouncer, the second most prevalent job in the Bodybuilding circuit is a (drun roll) office worker.

Workout + unimaginable amounts of food + job where you sit/sleep all day = massive recovery time

Seano

cisco

» CMF Member
Ahh sorry guys. Just fixed the server time up.. Heh another bloody migration thing. Thanks again for letting me know..

Yeah good one Sean.. Bloody office workers hey. They're all sitting there all day long in anabolic mode bloody bulking up.

CMF_95LX

» CMF Member
hey Cisco, thought you might want to check out the competition posting as I had an image added to my posting - al be it an AWESOME pic, I can't lay claim to it and you might be interested in the little hiccup.

Great new site though - really good!

cheers,
Brenton

Back