K11 Wiki - Technical Resource site

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
I felt it was probably about time that I advertised this publically and just deal with the issues that i've currently got with it.

What's the Address?

http://k11wiki.com

What is this?

This site is designed to be a user-editable technical resource for all K11 owners. I set up the site in april/march of this year as a way to keep a log of all kinds of technical info that continually gets asked here in the forums. nz_aj has helped me a LOT with writing the articles and helping me get a head start with this stuff and he's pretty much been there writing articles with me from the beginning.

The wiki isn't designed to compete with this site, I felt that the articles on here, while they're great and informative, don't lend themselves to be easily added to or developed upon. While for now this is more just a technical resource than a place for guides, I'm working on a more effective way of integrating a system that can lend itself to let people make their own guides for stuff.

Can I contribute?

Sure! You'll need to <a href=http://k11wiki.com/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin&type=signup&returnto=Main_Page>create an account</a> to do so. The reason I've done this is so that it's less likely for randoms to come along and vandalise the site. The only thing I ask is that you keep your articles neat. There are several articles that have been created but have little or no content in them, so you could start by expanding on those.

If people start adding silly stuff we'll just revert back to a previous version. Hopefully this doesn't happen.

The list on the front page isn't complete but I'd like to keep it updated - gives us an idea of what people are working on or would like to see more info on. Try to keep topic page names relevant but not too specific.

Current issues?

The emailing system doesn't work currently (blame my lack of knowledge of MediaWiki) so you won't be able to get notifications to certain articles. It doesn't prevent people from viewing pages and doesn't prevent people from making accounts and editing, so I just decided to ignore it for now as i've got other things to focus on.

Anything else?

I'm sure I'll think of extra stuff to add. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. But for now, enjoy!

---dens

smidge

» CMF Member
nice dude, i added some shyte for ya

there's so much to add eh! you got your work cut out for you... how much did ya domain cost?

PS: i was able to add stuff without creating an account....

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
smidge WROTE:

"nice dude, i added some shyte for ya

there's so much to add eh! you got your work cut out for you... how much did ya domain cost?

PS: i was able to add stuff without creating an account....

Hey, thanks :) Domains cost next to nothing - the domains I have cost me just over $10 a year per domain name.

I'm working on the whole disabling anonymous editing thing but not having much luck at the moment. Thanks for letting me know ;)

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
ronin_kid WROTE:

"deNs,

mind if i post up a link to this thread on the MSC?. sure alot of peeps over here would be happy to contribute to it....

-RK

That'd be great, but don't post it up just yet - before posting to a (much) wider audience I'd like to be able to fix the anonymous editing thing. I do have an account on the MSC so i'll post it up myself when I get this stuff sorted :)

Thanks for the kind words. And remember - the more information we get people adding, the more useful a resource it'll become!

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Ok well a while ago I managed to fix up the issue of being able to edit anonymously so I'm happy for people to spread the link around - it's the reason I decided to bump the thread.

If you have any problems with the site, post them in and I'll do my best to answer any questions or fix any bugs with the site. The one main known problem at the moment is that all the images are blank - the server shat itself a while back and lost all that but it should simply be a matter of re-uploading images and putting them into each page.

Thanks guys :)

---dens

mik

» CMF Member
hey dens,

don't know but i can't see any pictures. they're all black?
Maybe thats an issue, because i tried different machines and it didn't work there too.

cheers
mik

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Thanks for letting me know, however in the post just above yours - one of the last sentences explains this ;)

deNs WROTE:

"The one main known problem at the moment is that all the images are blank - the server shat itself a while back and lost all that but it should simply be a matter of re-uploading images and putting them into each page.

Please let me know if you have any further issues though!

Cheers,

---dens

mik

» CMF Member
haha ok, i didn't read it, but hey thanks for providing that great wiki :)

edit: hey i tried to upload a picture, but it didn't work aswell.

greetz

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
mik WROTE:

"haha ok, i didn't read it, but hey thanks for providing that great wiki :)

edit: hey i tried to upload a picture, but it didn't work aswell.

greetz

Ok thanks - guess it's something i'll have to work on. A while back my hosting provider decided to move the server and in the process of doing so broke a huge amount of things on several of my sites.. very annoying.

Feel free to add text as well though ;)

Cheers,
---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
6-monthly bump of the thread since I'm guessing most of the newbies around won't have seen it. Feel free to make an account and start adding stuff yourselves people :)

Should probably let those folks on the MSC know.. Maybe I should get off my arse and fix the images first though.

---dens

Back