Silicone coolant hoses

mph

Official MSC Trader
Does anyone know of a supplier for purpose made Silicone coolant hoses for the Micra? or would anyone be interested in some purpose made silicone coolant hoses? I have checked with Samco hoses and SFS performance hoses and neither of these manufacturers listed hoses for the Micra.
Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone.

Edit of an origional post..

Just spoke to Matt who is quite close to having a set done for the K11 (thats pretty cool as I see it- please excuse the pun!).. I don't know what the general interest in this would be, but it perhaps would be helpfull to hear from people who would be interested in such a set in the new year..

Just would be nice to know interest to begin with, thats a start :)

Sorry, gonna ask a very blonde question here.

Will they have much affect? Or will it just disperse heat better? What exactly will they do? I imagine I'm not the only one who doesn't know.

Basically the hoses replace the stock OEM water hoses for the rad etc to nice high quality silicone ones. They look alot better last longer and are more durable.

John had a contact who made top and bottom rad hoses and I *think* was working on a full set, would be interested in a set myself, though.

i'd have a set in red or black...

i know someone who is thinking of going into making and supplying the samco stuff. they use so much of it that they found it would be cheaper to buy in bulk and then sell the leftovers...

jo and john found a company that did them for the micra they have a set on there turbo micra i think its west midlands motorsport they posted them up a couple years ago but no one was intrested in them...

i may be interested :).....mayb another silly question cause there not available yet, but a possible rough estimate on price? i dont mean an accurate price but would like to know whether i would be paying say £30 or £100?? get me?

cheers

silicone hoses

There are 7 hoses in the kit and the kit is being made by SFS performance which is a leading manufacturer of silicone hoses. They supply hoses for people like Prodrive. I'm hoping the kits will retail at around 150.00 + vat but I'm sure we could supply individual hoses. The kits should be ready by the middle of Jan.

There are 7 hoses in the kit and the kit is being made by SFS performance which is a leading manufacturer of silicone hoses. They supply hoses for people like Prodrive. I'm hoping the kits will retail at around 150.00 + vat but I'm sure we could supply individual hoses. The kits should be ready by the middle of Jan.

that's a good price if it does come through at that, especially for a seven hose kit. i may have to start saving :D

Hose kits are now available and are £180.95+posage (including vat).

Contact me if you wish to place an order, Credit cards etc accepted.

Ed

hoses.jpg

There you go.

Possibly at a later stage, going to see how orders go of blue now as its expensive just to get extra colours which may never sell.

I should also point out. Hoses are also available in singles:

Top Rad hose £26.44

Bottom Rad hose £39.20

Heater hose 1 £38.78

Heater hose 2 £40

Manifold bypass hose £18.21

Thermostat housing bypass hose £21.74

How much would it cost to get hoses made up for both throttlebody and heater matrix bypass?

Back