*Sigh*

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Parked my car outside my house (in the street). come back to it the next morning and it looks like someone's keyed or coined my drivers door

I know it could be alot lot worse, and people have experienced worse, but its so frustrating all that hard work & money going into my car for some skummer to do this.

I'l replace the picture tomorrow with a better one

30.scratch.jpg

Its THE worst.
Why do people do it - what do they gain from it?
Its sad because you'd never be able to stop that kind of thing from happening unless you have a garage.
If someone had a grudge against you they could do it day after day after day - youd be forced to drive a car fit for banger racing.
Makes me sick.

Thats well harsh!
Same thing happened to mate other might after getting beat at poker!

I prescibe a dose off G3 cutting compound, got me some to sort my paint and it's supposed to work a treat

It is a pain the the ass when things like this happen. :(

I only had my Celica for a week, and somebody keyed it from the back of the car... all the way down to the front and even had the courtesy to 'dig it in' on the drivers door! Of course after that, I found somebody had let my tyre down, left my rear wiper arm hanging in mid air, and also stumped a fag out on the paintwork.... It's a good job I'm hopefully getting a full respray in yellow then. :D

Try t-cutting it out Arnold. If you rub your fingernail over it... and you can feel the scratch with your nail... you will have to get the panel sprayed and blended in.

-Elliot

Elliot said:
I only had my Celica for a week, and somebody keyed it from the back of the car... all the way down to the front and even had the courtesy to 'dig it in' on the drivers door! Of course after that, I found somebody had let my tyre down, left my rear wiper arm hanging in mid air, and also stumped a fag out on the paintwork.... It's a good job I'm hopefully getting a full respray in yellow then. :D

-Elliot

new paint dont sount like a good idea with things going on like that mate

Elliot said:
Try t-cutting it out Arnold. If you rub your fingernail over it... and you can feel the scratch with your nail... you will have to get the panel sprayed and blended in.

-Elliot

Yeah its gone down to the primer. The entire car was cut using that cutting compound suggested above for JAE, looks like its gonna be a respray or a touch up at the least.

Hughes, the scratch is longer than it looks - all you can see is where its gone down to the primer. like i said its a crap picture, but the point of this thread is also to say how annoyed i am someone could do this. Your comment was unsuitable so i deleted it

Yeah i can do that no prob. You may hve to wait for a little bit tho arnold.

some #### did that on the bonnet of my car, altho they properly keyed it (like all over the bonnet) and t-cut never got it out, i jus never bothered getting it sprayed as it costs too much!

its just pointless. Altho some ppl need 2b dickheads dont they!

RIK said:
new paint dont sount like a good idea with things going on like that mate

That was when I left it out of the garden though. I couldn't get it in untill I fitted my new engine (Which I have) and I believe it was the oldish woman a couple of houses down from me who didn't approve of my parking spot. :(

Arnold, it might be cheaper to get a full new door off a scrapped car depending on condition... and just polish it up...

-Elliot

Still gutted for you mate, real shame some people get satisfaction out of somethin like this. Unfortunately some of them don't realise what there doin. A mate of mine in the village i live in had his entire brand new Beamer keyed, inc the roof, by a group of 13/14 year old girls who had been on the alcohol. And to make it worse he didn't press charge as he knew one of them. Sad world eh.

why not before your paint goes on park it in the garder like you used to then set up a video camera somewhere hidden, then get the bit!" done and sue her for damges the lot, people like this need to learn they cant get away with this. or short of that sit at your window with a rifle. mind you the latter would probably end you up in jail, wud be fun though.

59 bhp is more than enough said:
or short of that sit at your window with a rifle. mind you the latter would probably end you up in jail, wud be fun though.

I think a Tazer gun would b more appropiate, at least the outcome wouldn't b possibly fatal lol!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that mate!!! I know how frustrating it is when people do things like this. Shame we couldn't catch up with them most of the time. Hope you get it sorted without too much trouble though. :)

the bastads need to be shot, period! ive got a scratch on my rear quarter, the car wasnt in my posession when it happned but still lets the car down.

you could try a touch up pen but you have to be carefull as it might look worse if you do it badly but at least it will be red i suppose??

this is the reason i sold my CRX cos t it got keyed just totally gutting! the only way to stop it mate is to park it on your drive if your allowed or get a cover for the car :(

watch out for the bastids ! ill give the ####s a kicking!

Even a video of the perpetrators breaking the law is not enough for police to take action !

A few people who've seen it have said it looks like it was done by a door. I was parked in a public car park the day before but i guess i missed it. The only reason i didnt suspect that at first is the alarm didnt sound to say it had gone off, and surely a door wacking your car would have triggered it!

Anyone that knows my alarm knows that a bass tone 10 meters away or pushing the aerial down can set it off!

I dunno, i'l let krazy and others check it out sunday and give me there opinion. I know its fixable so im not too heart broken, just a bit annoyed at the time. Got other things on my mind at the moment so i'l worry about it another day - car sounds like its gonna blow up too

Sorry about the car. I suppose that if someone's opened their door onto it at least it can be put down to an accident, but if its been keyed then thats just crap :(

Hope it gets sorted out ok anyway

I doubt it very much it was done by a door Arnie, looking at the angle of it it doesn't look right. It's been keyed, u can tell by the way the mark is so perfect and sleek. If another car door damaged it it would be a scrape or chip not scratch!!! And if your alarm goes off even when u put the aerial down, and it hadn't gone off, a knock would never have been hard enough to damage the paintwork in the first place.

That's what i personally think anyway.
Hope u get it fixed soon!!

Looks like a key mark to me Arnold! I should know I now have 4 of the bleeding things strecthing about 30cm long down every panel!

Kev

Alienfish360 said:
Why wouldn't the alarm have gone off with a key?

it would/should have gone off!

mine did wen my first car got keyed front to back wen my dad used it for pizz delivery outside the shop! whilst customers and my dad was in ther,they was caught on cctv and nothing could have bin done about it

Back