Sidelight issues

Hi all, my wife has a 51plate K11 1.0s. The problem I've got is that the sidelights keep blowing the fuse under the bonnet by the battery. I have tried disconnecting everything on the lights at the front, rear and behind the dash but as soon as I turn the light stalk the fuse pops. I've pulled the wire from the switch to the fuse board away and made my own connection to the rear lights and they are working fine, so the switch looks to be ok. I have run out of ideas and am having problems trying to a detailed wiring diagram aswell. Any help would be greatly appreciated?

PS i have pulled the non gen stereo head unit out and the wiring is as normal on that part.

as you have disconnected the external lights, then maybe a short on the dash or switches/back lighting tony ?

I have litteraly had the dash out with all the consumers unplugged, my thought was that if it didn't blow the fuse I would plug them in one by one till it blew. The loom and connectors all looked ok, I've just run out of ideas and pulling my hair out as the dash lights come part of the mot in april.

Back