nearside sidelight not working

spotted this yesterday, assumed was the bulb, it isn't, sods law its due mot tmrw! didn't have time to investigate as pouring rain and blowing a gale, so going to get it in neighbours garage today; could the sidelights have independent fuses, and if so, I couldn't see them marked on the panel below dash; I believe there is another fuse box under bonnet, so will check that and use a meter to see if any power getting through; if its a wiring fault I think I'm just going to have to chance the mot and hope he gives me an advisory on it as hes done it with a tail light once; any thoughts appreciated thanks dave

One of mine goes out now and again, it has only ever been the bulb to holder interface, pulling the bulb in and out a couple of times cleans the contacts enough to have it working again on my car.

thanks very much for that, I jiggled the bulb as suggested, it worked then when I re fitted it into the headlight unit and switched it back on, it had blown; put a new one in and worked fine, so as long as I have a spare bulb with me tmrw, even if it goes again at mot he will tell me just to fit the bulb. will get mot (hopefully) out the way tmrw and when weather improves have another look if problem still there; cheers dave

Same here buddy, one light out as well, and both my driving lights in the bumper, get around to it sometime.....has to be a fuse!

Back