L/H Sidelight not working

Hi guys, got a little problem that you might be able to help me with. All my lights work properly except for the L/H sidelight. At first I thought it was the bulb so I replaced both (an excuse to get some OSRAM's in really) and at first this cured the fault. A couple of weeks later though and it's gone off again. Headlight works no probs just the one sidelight.

I've checked the fuses and jiggled wires about like crazy hoping to spot a loose connection but nothing. Sounds like a dodgy earth but I can't find one nearby, maybe there's one underneath something that I can't see?

Any help would be appreciated as I'm not sure what to try next.

Thanks but checked that and it's fine on mine. Funy thing happened today; when I turned the ignition on both sidelights came on even though the switch was off. Then, as I turned the switch I got sidelight on drivers side and full beam on passenger. It settled down after a couple of minutes and then happened again next time I used the car. I'm suspecting the dim dip relay as I've heard that can cause strange problems like this but it could be a bad earth too I guess.

OK checked the earths and they all seem OK and can't find a dim-dip relay on my car so that rules that out. I don't think it's the stalk because if I turn the lights off without the ignition being on then they do turn off, it's only when the ignition's on that I get problems.

Finally found what was causing this today. Before I noticed the problem with the lights, the cigarette lighter wasn't working so I took the dash panel off and found that one of the wires was disconnected - how I'm not sure - and the pin coming out of the back of the lighter was a bit loose. I sorted out the connection and had a look at the pin, it just seemed that that was how it was supposed to be, anyway it was now working so I was happy with it. Last night I tried to plug in my sat nav and again the lighter socket isn't working. Just had a look at it today, put my hand under the panel and tried wiggling some wires about and noticed that the sidelights were coming on and off. I took it all apart again and this time managed to tighten the pin up correctly so now the socket works and so do the lights.

No idea how I'd have found that if it wasn't for pure luck and no idea how the lights are connected to the lighter socket but that's the kind of thing that happens with a bad earth I guess.

Back