Side window drops when wound down

D

dayloon

The drivers side window on my micra drops into the door bottom when it is wound down. i assume it has come out of its cradle ,are there any tips to prevent reoccurence?

Cheers !

Take the door panel off, get some window bonding seal (two pack stuff) and stick it on the yellow clip then bolt it back in and leave it for a few days,

Its a common problem, Helps if you open up the rubber guide inside the door and spray with WD40 - Not Silicone based Greases!

Hope this helps.

Daz

Problem may reoccure as i did that with my micra id suggest if it does reoccure just go to ur local scrappys and get a new craddle there cheap and easy to track down.

If you use the proper bonding solution it wont happen again mate, Clean it, prime it and apply the bond, If it can hold a windscreen in place bombing down the motorway, it can hold a lil window in clips :p I had mine done a few months ago and my window is up an down like a yoyo! It holds no bother!

I took the window to autoglass and they gave me some bonding solution!

only reason they come off again and again is poor prep work and tight glass runners, if the yellow clips are broken you can get new ones from nissan

Same thing is now happening to mine. It decided to "drop" on Sunday while I lowered the window on Sunday to say ta ta to Samantha.

Coming home from work tonight, same thing happened. Luckily it was in the up position when it decided to come of its runner.

Getting into the car park at work tomorrow is gonna be fun, what with having a non working window..lol

only reason they come off again and again is poor prep work and tight glass runners, if the yellow clips are broken you can get new ones from nissan

And with that piece of advice, I popped into my local Nissan Dealer on the way home from work this afternoon.

"Can I have some of those yellow clips please, blah, blah, blah"

"Course you can sir, that be about £70" :suspect:

"Errrr" says me

"Yes sir, we don't sell the clips on there own, you'll need new glass, they come already fixed to the glass"

Stuff that thought me, so it'll be off to Halfwits over the weekend to get some of that glass bond stuff.

I took the window to autoglass and they gave me some bonding solution!

Following up from this lil problem I had, I took mine to Autoglass, they fixed it. And fingers crossed, so far, it's worked....

So, if anyone else is having the same problem, take it straight to Autoglass.

"Yes sir, we don't sell the clips on there own, you'll need new glass, they come already fixed to the glass"

thats utter ######## as ive had loads from my parts department, obviously another dealer that doesnt know a thing

k10daz- whats wrong with using silicone based lubes to lube glass runners? just curious, as thats what i use in work and i've never been told any different. ta

thats utter ######## as ive had loads from my parts department, obviously another dealer that doesnt know a thing

I know, I thought it a bit strange that he could rattle the exact price of without even checking it on the 'puter.

Up till now they've been really good when I've gone in there to ask prices. Obviously got them on a bad day..lol

Back