Window Runners

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
My window has come off its runners. I had a look at managed to get it back on and wound it up and worked a treat. Wound it down and it came off the runners again.Had a closer look and there seems to be 'sticky pads' bonded to the glass.

How do i fix this problem?Do i have to buy new runners? Can i use a bondant to seal the window back to the runner?

Any/all help would be greatly appreciated!

yea you can mate i have had to do them to my windows as well cant remember what it was called but it set in 30 seconds and holds strong as out i was well impressed got it at a local motor store

So you mean the window has come out of the 2 plastic brackets? This happened to my drivers side window, causing it to drop and then get wedged!

I used a 2-part epoxy to secure the window back into those 2 plastic brackets (they just unbolt off of the window runner so that you can remove the window and brackets). I can't remember the name of the stuff but its been around for years and comes in a black and red pack!

Get it from any DIY store or similar :)

So you mean the window has come out of the 2 plastic brackets? This happened to my drivers side window, causing it to drop and then get wedged!

I used a 2-part epoxy to secure the window back into those 2 plastic brackets (they just unbolt off of the window runner so that you can remove the window and brackets). I can't remember the name of the stuff but its been around for years and comes in a black and red pack!

Get it from any DIY store or similar :)

yea thats the stuff i got epoxy resin i couldnt remember the name of it lol it sticks well fixed both of my windows

Carbond ftw! Will take some real force for your window to come out after using that, only problem is it comes in big tubes which you need a sealant gun for and can be awkward to get in. I managed and it worked a treat :D

OK tiger seal now on....looks like its been off the runners before as theres a white sealant (dry of course) on the runner.

Fingers crossed it'll work! Any idea how long it takes to dry solid?

Ok been a couple of days now and its absolutely fine now! Wouldnt have notice its been off the runners! Gave the Tiger Seal 24hrs to dry :)

My window has come off its runners. I had a look at managed to get it back on and wound it up and worked a treat. Wound it down and it came off the runners again.Had a closer look and there seems to be 'sticky pads' bonded to the glass.

How do i fix this problem?Do i have to buy runners? Can i use a bondant to seal the window back to the runner?

Any/all help would be greatly appreciated!
I have the same problem with sticky white sealent on runners and plastic door covering

Back