Side lights.

Hey guys -

I've put Red sidelights in (finally worked out how to change :') )

But now the problem I have is the main lights come on (dimmed) with the side lights. So I have dimmed lights with a red tinge.

Which wire do I cut to stop the main lights coming on too? Just want blooming red lights!

Managed to find a little bit out - was wondering if it was this box in the drivers footwell? I can't see the label dip dim :/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 248
The dim dip box is located in the dash if you remove the dial surround and clocks you can see it and the label... you can remove the connector blocks from it by putting your hand up through the dash I used the fuse box hole and wire them together so it removes the dim dip system I will get you a picture of the set up :)

You will get stopped having red lights atbthe front cos red lights ard an idication or warning and only projected at the rear of the car!! Best go for another colour like green or blue etc...... 15 years ago i done my front side lightsbred on my old alpina i had and i gotvstopped and a warningbso i changed them to green and never had trouble ...

J

Thanks. Not sure about the actual law but, as an class 1. 2 and 4 MOT tester, I can confirm any light emitted from the front of a vehicle other than white or yellow is a refusal (failure). The law isn't always the same as an mot but normally its similar. LEDs are the way forward at home aswell as automotive. I've just replaced almost every bulb in my house. Far less energy used, brighter and they don't even get hot. :cool:

Back