k11 lights

hello / I have a 2003 micra with a lights problem / when I brake the lights side lights come on and the consol lights up / clock dials etc / this happens when the lights are all switched off / it also happens when the engine is not running and the car is at a standstill / thank you for any advice / william

Some-one had similar problem a few weeks ago on here. It was the relay down by the drivers footwell, blue I seem to remember.

hello / I have a 2003 micra with a lights problem / when I brake the lights side lights come on and the consol lights up / clock dials etc / this happens when the lights are all switched off / it also happens when the engine is not running and the car is at a standstill / thank you for any advice / william
hello everybody / thank you all for the advise but I seem to have fixed it / I found that the stop/tail light bulb although working was giving the same brightness no matter which connecting I used on the bottom of the bulb and the casing of the bulb / on testing the bulb with an ohmmeter I found that there was a short between the two bottom connections I changed the bulb and all seems well for the moment / I assume that when I braked the supply to the stop lamp was sent to the tail lamp and then lit everything including the consol up / if anybody has anything to add to this I would be most grateful / it is a learning process / william

hello once again / if you have read my last post about the fault on my lights you will have taken note of the fact that I have given a detailed account of why I think that I had this problem and although grateful for any information on the subject it is not enough to be told that it is a bad earth or a faulty relay / it may be such but the reasoning behind this should also be stated / as I have said it is a learning process / I was pointed to a bad earth or a faulty relay inside the car / I would be most interested how a bad earth or relay would cause the problem that I had / the relays that I have in the car are marked acc. blower and ign. I look forward to your answers as I too am trying to learn about my cars electrics / thank you / william

did you read my answer on your pm yesterday william ? is it a stop-n-tail bulb or stop-tail-fog one, with the offset pins ?

Bad earth at the rear of the car.
hello / thank you for the reply /
did you read my answer on your pm yesterday william ? is it a stop-n-tail bulb or stop-tail-fog one, with the offset pins ?
hello frank / no I do not seem to have anything from you on my computer I have fixed the problem / details on my last post / the faulty bulb is a stop/tail one / I am going to open it up to see if I can see why there is a short on it / I will post my findings / william

has the wrong type bulb been fitted ? offset pin causing both filaments to contact

$_57 (6).JPG

hello frank / no it is a stop/tail bulb with pins in line / as I said in my post the short is on the bulb / it must be inside the bulb / zero ohms reading across the two pins / I will open the bulb up to see if I can see why it has a short / car lights now ok with new bulb fitted / william

hello once again / I have opened the bulb and found that the short seems to have been caused by a small piece of solder floating around inside the brass casing / by the way all the single filament bulbs on the rear of my micra are all in line pin types / brake / reverse / and fog / hazard / william

Back