Si or SR

Does anyone know whether the 1.3 SR is a better car to drive than the 1.3Si? I am thinking of for example a 1997 SR and a 1998 Si. Is there any difference in the final drive?

Go for whatever one you like the best. They are both 1.3, pretty much the same car but the Si is facelifted. The SR does stand out abit more as it has the SR bumpers on it though. As for the firmer "racing" seats, its not a reason to buy the car, they aint that great.

scottish-sr said:
Go for whatever one you like the best. They are both 1.3, pretty much the same car but the Si is facelifted. The SR does stand out abit more as it has the SR bumpers on it though. As for the firmer "racing" seats, its not a reason to buy the car, they aint that great.

You need to go for a drive with standard setas then. lol

Yeh there's still not enough lateral support in the SR/Super S seats but they're better than standard. Other thing I've noticed is that the back support in all micra seats just STINKS (for me anyway).

Need to get my hands on a real seat hah.

SR seats are much better than standard seats but nothing can beat my NME seats, hehe!! ;) Even though the SR in my opinion looks better, I bet the Si is would be slighty better to drive

JayY said:
SR seats are much better than standard seats but nothing can beat my NME seats, hehe!! ;) Even though the SR in my opinion looks better, I bet the Si is would be slighty better to drive

they are Veeery nice seats indeed, and the inflatable lumbar support rocks

i can't believe everyone is baging on about seats and the colour of the dials. Only one person has mentione weight.

If the Si has air con, you'll find it a nightmare to get a manifold for. It really depends on what you want to do. IMHO the SR seats are OK but i took them out a slapped in some sparco buckets - and i don't miss them!

If you want it for modded then the SR - the older k11 shape is easier to mod (with secondhand parts) - however finding one thats below 70k and no rust could prove tricky.

The Si has the nicer dash, less chance of rust and maybe air con (depending if the first owner went for that option).

Either way, try to hold out for a micra that has ABS - the SR's are rare but you might get lucky with the Si.

Hope this helps.

tbh when i drove the sr and then the si i found very little difference the sr would be easier to find the bodykits etc for but its up to you drive both see what you think!!!
i ended up with the Si just because its easier to find better examples of the car so you have more choice therefore more bargaining power. i knocked the guy down £500 and there was nothing wrong with it.
and im happy i went for the Si. . its the evo vs scooby argument which one would you have? there both to fast and mental for the roads and youll never notcie a difference on the road as you wont be going fast enough its all about personnel taste which one your drawn to

i don't think it's like a evovs scooby arguement but i can see where ur coming from.

End of the day the Si will hold it's value a bit better - but may cost a bit more. For pure performance the SR (depending on spec)would be that ever so more quicker.

is the sr really much quicker than the si? how much lighter is the sr to the si (si without air con), i honestly felt no difference but i wasnt screaming them neither

ALSO not mine thou the Si had increase in engine capacity from 1275 to 1331 i think in 2000 adding something like 7bhp

It was 1348cc actually, they called it a 1.4, but it wasn't "Si" by then, the grades changed to like SE, SE+, Sport, Sport+ etc, basically they stole Renault's grading system lol

sr is lighter by 35kg and 1 bhp more according to whatcar.com so there ya go the si is slower but according to what car they both remain 0-60 12sec dead and 106mph top end

but we know there capable of alot more

still happy with my si but agree that the sr will be faster

I know, but I was saying it like that to better explain the situation, i suppose "took on board" would have been a better phrase.

With all the kit I have on my si, i wouldnt want anything else!!! last mod was done a few days ago, A quick shift I got from Cisco.

Feels just like my S2000 gearbox!!!!!

Back