Petrol for my 1.3 si

MICRASKYLINE

Ex. Club Member
I have been using Total Excellium for a while now on my si, Thinking of changing to BP ultimate

Can I use BP Ultimate on my 1.3??
I only use the car once or twice a week.

Any difference for those who have used it?

No mods on the engine, just standard

Agree'd with Alienfish. The gains are absolutely negligable from running high-ron fuel such as v-power, ultimate, tesco 99 etc. However what IS beneficial is only using decent grade fuel in your car. Supermarkets are generally provide the worst quality fuel. Shell and BP consistently come out on top for quality of fuel. I only use Shell petrol (not V-power), as I feel it's better for the car to use the same fuel all the time. High quality fuels do much better job of cleaning the fuel system, lowering emissions, and also appear to last a fair bit longer. Tesco fuel (for instance) is cheaper because they don't have all the cleaning agents and 'goodness' in the fuel.

v-power is more than just a higher ron rating (99 ron btw) its got alot in it, i myself put 3 full tanks though mine and it made the engine sound better and smoother mainly at 90 -100 mph but the £3 or so pound you save between v power and standard fuel is hardly breaking the bank even if you put 3 or 4 full tanks in one after another you will notice the difference going back to standard fuel afterwards

My father drives a 1.0 Yaris to Portsmouth and back every week (700 miles), and since using V-Power regularly now can do the entire 700 mile trip on less than one tank of fuel.

Back