Votes: 7 29.2%
  • B. yes 13"

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • C. No they are fine

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters

Gemma85

banished to the buses
Ok I'm a bit worried these 15" tyres are weighing the car down to much. The car doesnt seem to be handeling as good. Have put up a poll on what you lot think as you have all seen these alloys in many posts?

The car is also lowered 35mm so it runs on the plastic bit on full lock.

I'm sure I read somewhere that you said your tracking needed doing??? Get it done, mine felt like a completely different car when mine was done. I have 15s on mine, and before the tracking was done, steering was heavy and it handled like a b***h. Made such a difference.

It looks good as it is Gemma, but after a while with 15s I got sick of them slowing me down on both weight and rolling resistance, I've recently gone back to 14s and I dont think I'll be going back to 15s unless I can get a very light set, even then I think I would only go as wide as 175 or 185.

rallybunny said:
I'm sure I read somewhere that you said your tracking needed doing??? Get it done, mine felt like a completely different car when mine was done. I have 15s on mine, and before the tracking was done, steering was heavy and it handled like a b***h. Made such a difference.

Im just guessing as they are newish tyres

in option B I meant 13" not 15" doh!

Flattery will get you all everywhere! Who wants a mod positon then? (j/k ;))

Back on topic, I do have a set of 13" K11 SR alloys I don't use any more... Probably not what you're looking for though.

This is what they look like fitted to my old K11:

24.PICT2404.JPG

I miss my old 1.0 L sometimes :down: lol

if you like ride comfort then downsize yes. 13 or 14 doesnt matter. if you can get james old sr wheels then go for it.

gemma..are 20 or is your age in your name? (85) :D

cos the ride aint that hard tbh.i voted stay with what you have and get used to it

RIK said:
gemma..are 20 or is your age in your name? (85) :D

cos the ride aint that hard tbh.i voted stay with what you have and get used to it

Im actually 85 with piles this is why it is soo bumpy for me :D

fraz_micra_88 said:
same as they r ma old rims:D

lol yep and your dad knows it :p lol

I always knew size did really matter!! Just goes to show that 1 or 2 inches can make all the difference. :grinning:
(i voted 14" by the way as my previous car had these fitted as standard and i had no problems)

right FFS Gemma, when will you learn and others that it doesnt matter what i, Rik, James or anyone else thinks for that matter just you - whats the point in asking us as were not the ones who drive the car, haway man common sense tells u that you should be able to make your own mind up, handling wont be much different with 15"s to 13"s. IMO you should get 20" spinners, this is the sort of thing as to why its your own decision :p

A little off topic....but how much should I expect to pay for a set of second hand micra alloys like the ones in James's picture ?

Gods Unicorn said:
A little off topic....but how much should I expect to pay for a set of second hand micra alloys like the ones in James's picture ?

ask him..i think they are for sale

Gemma has first refusals but i'm looking for 60 quid :) at time of removal i'm pretty sure all the tyres were fine (I haven't looked at the wheels in about 4 months lol)

13"s the sidewalls are nice and big for a comfy ride on firm suspension. Nice & light, plenty of get up and go. However you're restricted in brake size and the high sidewalls can give you fairly slack steering response. On the positive side, higher profile tyres nearly always give you more feedback and more warning as to when they're going to let go. And when they do, they usually let go much slower....

14" rims with 195/45R14 tyres vs 15" rims with 195/45R15 tyres - you'll slash .3 of a second off your 0 to 60mph times if you can master the take off... assuming the 15" are your average heavy tards and the 14" are 2 to 3kg lighter.

I think 14" is the best performance option. Of course it also depends on the type of tyres you have available to you! I'm in a slight situation where the best value for money perfomance tyres only exist in 195/55R15 sizing. :( Waaaay too big!

she doesnt want it for performance though it think yom, its to do with ride quality. 195/45/14 would be the same bumpy ride as 195/45/15. she needs a higher tyre side wall. on a 13" or 14" wheel. i voted 13", can use 185/60/13 tyres will be perfect. grippy and soft. also you can still fit bigger 1.6 vented brakes on the 13" wheel if that was wanted in the future.

nizzanz1 said:
she doesnt want it for performance though it think yom, its to do with ride quality. 195/45/14 would be the same bumpy ride as 195/45/15. she needs a higher tyre side wall. on a 13" or 14" wheel. i voted 13", can use 185/60/13 tyres will be perfect. grippy and soft. also you can still fit bigger 1.6 vented brakes on the 13" wheel if that was wanted in the future.

Not just bumpy lol I was thinking performance wise 2

James If you can get a sale before I decide just sell them chuck as Im really not decided but I suppose ben's rant is right for a change. I'l see how it goes for the next week or so and let you all know what I decide. I do love them as there so different but there is a strong possibility im going down to 14"

Thanks for all your comments :D all taken on board

nizzanz1 said:
has ben changed your mind then lol.

Nah as if lol! His geordie words got me thinking but he hasnt changed my mind im 75% sure Im gonna go down lol I just love being a bit different

i think a 13" is plenty big enough for her to go down on.

the rubber on the rim should soften the blow.

I take by her you mean the car and not the sexual related pun the child is giggling at?

13" are best for performance and getting it slammed 100mm would be great :D

well im running 13s and lowered 35mm... i would say go down to 13s.. but i have never drove a car with 15s on lol i like the smaller wheels :) since they r smaller, easier to turn and u will be quicker off the mark :)

Back