AAARGH what should i do?

what should i do to my car?

• Total voters

Antony

Ex. Club Member
right heres the story......

i am planning on doing a turbo conversion for my car...... easy enough... i have the turbo and am getting the intercooler from here...im gonna get the hks manifold......etc etc..

thing is, my dad just gave me the "dont spend too much money on a crappy car, wait till youve saved up and get a better car" talk.... and it hit me...

why am i spending over £1500 on a car that cost a third of that?......

should i still go turbo, and then sell the car...... (maybe for £1100 as a turbo super S)

or should i just give it a bit of the N/A treatment untill i can get a better car?

or should i just sell the turbo bits.... leave the car as is...... and save up for a 200sx?

your opinions are required for me to make my decision.
thanks

its totally up to you man, what do you wanna do?? if u wanna trubo it do it, mite be you dad but in all fairness your old enough to do what you want lol

but i would save and get a 200sx

Not to be an @ss but asking us is all good but in the end it's what you feel in you! Turbo it, great, but costs a lot more to run, maintain, repair etc, you'l have great performance and will make other cars think twice about messing wih you.

Or do you want a bigger car, engine and interior size, do you want more road respect and to look more grown up.

Consider insurance, you're still classed as a young driver, well done if you have 4 years no claims but unless it's protected it's a risky game paying so much on a "cheap" car.

If it is performance, why a turbo, you can get same performace from a 1.6 with mods but will have greater torque and it will be cheaper to do and maintain.

I could go on for ages and I've gone through so many in my head but you need to think about your future with the car, the possible sellabilty after, insurance costs, maintain.

Good luck

i mean it would be funny to have a car that can make others look on in wonderment......................."was that a dump valve in a micra?"o_O o_O o_O

but its allready faster than an astra 1.6 SXI, a Rover 214SEi and every 1.2 corsa known to man.......:laugh: :laugh: i dunno.....

i agree with goldstrar if you turbo it you will need to be ready for alot of repairs but if your up for it, man do it will be sweet to have another turbo micra

hmm...I had this dilemma and decided nothing else is getting done to the car I dont want to increase performance in a way i have to declare as ins is to high gonna get that down and get a bigger engine and a better car I really like robs micra cc but i cant afford that if i keep splashing out on a 1ltr

on a decent turbo set up, the reliabilty of the engine shouldn't be any worse then a N/A, given that its maintained correctly. turbo your car, then save up some more cash and transfer the mods to a newer micra, V reg or something?

I think micras are the best cars ever :p i would soup that beast right up :D

but not everyone thinks like me (someday they will grr) so if you want a bigger car then go for that...

but do you really want a bigger car? what for? if the micra is the right size and cheap enough to run and easy enough to park then why get a different car?

for me the micra is perfect, i don't need anything faster or bigger or flashier so all i do is spend time and money keeping the car in good nick and making it how i want...

NeX said:
for me the micra is perfect, i don't need anything faster or bigger or flashier so all i do is spend time and money keeping the car in good nick and making it how i want...

Then why you buy a 1.6? :p

Ian said:
Then why you buy a 1.6? :p

lol damn!

it's cos i can't get everything i want out of one car, i want a day to day one that is comfortable with a good sound system etc, and a stripped racing one with no mod cons and an engine that i don't have to rely on just for fun :)

the point is they are both small cars, i wouldn't want a 200 SX because the only difference is people look at you more. i recon with enough cash you could beat a 200 sx with a micra....... it would porbably involve puting the 200sx engine in the micra lol

Its the same with every car...say you dont mod the micra and buy a 200sx...why would you start to mod that, when you could save up and buy an even better car later on.

Thats the ultimate dilemma...trouble is i feel youd end up turning 60 and realising that all those cars you've owned you never did what you wanted to them, because you were always mindful of the next potential upgrade.

Best way is to say...what ever i spend i wont get it back...then theres no suprises...technically you could recover some, should you strip it later on as youd have a direct bolt on turbo kit...which id suspect theres people on here that would buy from you.

If you can handle the thought of additional financial loss then i dont see any problems.

or you could just keep saying what youre going to do, until they realise it'll probably be pretty cool when its done..lol

sod it. i think i might just turbocharge it for the hell of it... i mean...its not as if it cant be eversed at a later date...and again yeah, i can just strip it and sel the bits on here..hahaha

thanks guys very enlightening..

sonic said:
how about supercharging instead of turbocharging ?

i don't think thats his dilema lol

anyway he already has the TC

personally i'd go SC cos that way you get the power without ranting your car

MR2 S/C and the eaton from a mini look like the best bets. A small turbo wouldn't need to rag the engine, could have a t15 so it spools really fast.

yeah it would be a pretty tight fit thats for sure. MR2 is probably the easiest to do. And its been done before so you know it works.

yep but MR2 SCs are like gold dust!

your better off with a bike SC, that's what i'm getting...

just out of curiosity what kind of bhp should antony be expecting?
what cars will he be faster then?
scoobys? evos? 200sx? gto?

bal said:
just out of curiosity what kind of bhp should antony be expecting?
what cars will he be faster then?
scoobys? evos? 200sx? gto?

depends on the setup :p

how about...

add another option to the poll

"stop being a fag and use the money to buy a more powerful car and start power modding from a car that already kicks micra ass all over the road" ?

Layla said:
how about...

add another option to the poll

"stop being a fag and use the money to buy a more powerful car and start power modding from a car that already kicks micra ass all over the road" ?

oooh handbags!

bigger cars cost more to run and insure :p

it costs less to insure a standard almera gti than it does to insure a modded to #### micra.

and if you put a load of mods in the engine bay without bothering to remap its gunna run like crap too

but im having the e-manage blue off here is he takes my latest offer..... so maybe more than 4-5 psi....fwn

im thinking of arround 130-150 bhp at the end of my project, ( at the flywheel) and a car that looks almost standard appart from the alloys and front brakes....

a sleeper if you will..

there is one car around where i am from that gets all the respect... its a 330BHP rear engined cosworth powered fiat chinQueciento..... and it pulls wheelies..... but looks standard......... thats what i want.... a car to carry the name "WHAT THE edited WAS THAT?" grr

thats my thaughts anyway

Why not? Why be a sheep and let people laugh at you for driving a "slow" micra? Why not turbo it and pish all over them when it comes to acceleration or power at top end - screw the neds right over!

what i meant was silly naturaly aspirated tuning, i/e manifold and de-cat.... high compression etc etc..

Back