whats next for the car?

• New alloys

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • New sound system

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • New tyres and lesser sound system

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
i got an extra bit of cash to spend on the car n i need help decidin wat to do i got the following options.

1) buy new alloys tsw volcanos

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/15-TSW-Volcan...ryZ28648QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

1f_3.JPG

car slides everywere so these could be necessary but i can control it well so not to necessary.

2) fit a new sound system for 1000w rms

12" sub, four component speakers, new headunit, wiring and installed for 666 quid all alpine

but i love my music so i like this idea

3) buy new tyres to go on my standard wheels for extra grip n get a lesser sound system.

also can you give reason as to why you think i should do this

handling is fine tho just the grip issue and sine bigger tyre will help i thought alloys would be a good option.

my tyres are old and drying out, cracking etc

:D

Well you'll not get the TSW smaller than 17's, and you'll have killed the K11 with that size of wheels on it.

Go for the handling side of things.

sound system all the way - wheels look naff - tyres dont cost too much so you could get the tyres and the sound system

yeah i was thinking this also n i got pulsar rims so can put them on for grip n get sounds done :D

but the rims are to heavy i recon fuel economy is #### wit them on

:(

ok after some thot i aint goin 2 do any of the above im goin to fit full whiteline kit instead, lower it etc then gonna get alloys then brakes then sounds wit exhaust somwere in there just as soon as raceworx has it made-lol

cheers for the help!

those TSW were what i was planning on getting put i got some dezent daytona ones from Motorworld for £350 with 15/145/45 i think tyres (low profile anyway) and look very similar.

TSW u can get 14" too lol. But those TSW Volcano ones ARE available in chrome but on 18" higher :( so it will be hyper black ull have.

Look nice though on a car :)

oh and Wheelbase is only up the road from me hehe :D

as postes in thread i connot afford to but a new car due to family issues n i need to save so gonna spend a wee bit on the car instead of sell!

thanks for all the no help u all provided!

ive got experiance with wheel base but i have to say the price on there is abit over actually you should be looking at around 400 or lower but not 450 (i know 25 is delivery but go collect n have them fit them :p )
if you actually go down to the warehouse in manc the cataloge they have on front desk "prices are off"!!! *warning* as you can haggle with them(do it!) but if u base it on the prices off desk then you think your getting a deal(after haggling) your paying normal price (do your research before you buy the alloys) they prob try give you an excuse of the reason being that their budget tyres blah blah i dont buy that tho but also you can get some wheel locks thrown in for nothing by haggling too also you prob get chrome nuts but mail order they might not give you them im not sure on that

sliding "problem" wise first i say go alloys rather than whiteline tho with the bigger tyres n such ur not gonna slide as much (bar aqua planing snow etc...) because right now i have the whiteline kit front and rear roll bars strut brace lowered 50mm and koni shocks BUT ive changed my alloys for steelies for over winter and boy does my car slide miles out on a bend
i had just alloys before the whiteline kit and it corners just as good with just alloys than with whiteline and steelies!(you can feel the steelies tyres bending on a corner and just give way when its at it limits with whiteline tho) only thing is with whiteline you have sharper turn in and VERY reduced body roll but for your problem of sliding the most effective + cost wise is just the alloys...+you get better looks nice wheels i had considered them for when my tyres go bald :p

music wise 1000w total? as in all speakers + sub? ported or sealed box? 1amp or 2 amps? i would guess if its like that to b something like 500w sub then 500w components (125w each(thats quite loud for components but the sub is lacking...) £666 for complete isnt too bad(where you source the amps/speakers ebay is a good choice to look for cheap things) but fitting isnt all that hard...esp in a micra only hassle to really encounter is the wiring of the battery through gromet behind passenger dash could do it all in few hrs but just make sure you got proper ground but if you dont know what your doing then you could get parts yourself (ebay?) then get it fitted professionally n then if anything goes wrong have them as a warranty thing with them
what i have is 800w powering 2 12" subs(so 400w each) i choose a sealed box as the bass is more tighter (ported is louder) its personal preference tho n i got 600w powering my speakers(150w each) so what i got is 2amps n a pioneer hu it rattles my car to bits when i got it on and you can hear me from half a mile away my car is louder than it is quick lol
its not far off your system that your choosing but depending on type of music your listening to if its rock/classical/vocals i say forget the sub get a small 10" and spend more on the components if its r n b etc... you prob like it ported but the bass might still not be enough tho but if its from shop if you dont know difference with ported and sealed ask if they have any demo units around for you to listen to. ive listened to my cousins micra with std fronts avg hu and avg 6x9 its sounds crap
end thing is i rather choose the alloys with bigger tyres than the system its simply more fun corning better and without the crazy slippery sliding on every corner

on your last thing i dont agree with the tyres on old wheels and less sound system modding your car you take one step at a time if you got a crap sound system 6months later your gonna want to sell it and upgrade it but upgrading is gonna b most of it if u got crap stuff only decent thing might b hu but the money you spent here is wasted then you aint gettin anywhere near what you paid for your system if you get me

GET THE ALLOYS!!! lol

(bloody hell this is long lol)

wow zephyr thanks so much, if only i had time you would be on my xmas list :D

that was really nice and detailed and i take my hat off to you(if i wore 1-lol)

ill keep you all posted on my developments, do you have msn zephyr?

:D

Sound system - you can enjoy it inside the car all the time you're in it. My car looks ####e from the outside (dirty, dented etc), and I want to keep it that way so it doesn't draw attention to itself (I've got a flash motor to do that with!) - but I have got a nice sound system in (sub/components etc).

Having said that, mine slides a bit too much in the wet as well - so if there's something you can do to make the ride a bit safer then that might have to take priority!!

well i got alloys so now im savin for the rest of the above list

i will post pix tomorrow of wheels :D thanks for all ur input here :D

n get some cheap alloys or if yours are just std micra alloys get em powercoated ;)

Back