short shift for k10?

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
Hi

i have been looking through the forum and cannot find any information on short shift linkages for the k10 . Has anyone done this?

Also does anyone have any ideas on how to make one for the K10 or (shot in the dark) have one for sale :D?

cheers everyone

Steve

Hi

i have been looking through the forum and cannot find any information on short shift linkages for the k10 . Has anyone done this?

Also does anyone have any ideas on how to make one for the K10 or (shot in the dark) have one for sale :D?

cheers everyone

Steve

Well I tell you what I've done, I cut mine with a senior hack saw lol:laugh: ,then re threaded the gear selector with an m12 1.5 die and then had to re tap the brand new nismo gear to suit and worked out great ,is a bit short for the standard seat height but its ok in my car like

i have one on mine, what i did was cut a peice about 2 inches in length from above the ball, lowering the knob down, and then cut and welded the 2 inch piece in below the ball, so i have a really short shift now, too short in fact, if i were to do it again i wouldnt have taken any off above the ball as it doesnt really make that much differance and puts the stick in an awkward position, putting it below the ball makes all the differance really.

if you want to do what baz said and use the standard knob, the thread is only m8

By shortening the stick will not give u a quick shift,,you want to cut and extend below the ball joint under the car by about 2" then youle have a quick shift

i was looking at moveing the ball joint up the connector a few mm (i have read this has been done before on the nissan forum) and welding up the old hole :D

cheers

steve

Attachments

• PICT0342.JPG
    PICT0342.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 345
  • PICT0343.JPG
    PICT0343.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 346
Back