short shift

On this app when I search it always seems to say the app stops working...odd.

Anyway...does anyone have the guide handy for the DIY short shift?

I welded an extra tube under the gearstick to extend and lengthen the lower throw

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-48#post-507327

scaled.php

Cheers guys. I remember another one though probably of franks, where the section he cut out of the upper stick was welded below? I want to actually lengthen my gearstick height but shorten the throw a bit to compensate.

Also as the angle changes it gets pritty close to antiroll bar iirc think mine just about catches something at some points which is another reason id go a little less. As I say it is working though. Also ive never driven with short shift so the throw might be normal but just getting used to it :)

i just cut a few inches off the top, and araldited the gearknob on, but i slid the white plastic ball upwards on the last one i did :)

I really want to do something like skinners one, with the rose joint. How do those dampers work frank? What would I need to stop it tearing out of gear...just a rubber sleeve kind like standard?

I really want to do something like skinners one, with the rose joint. How do those dampers work frank? What would I need to stop it tearing out of gear...just a rubber sleeve kind like standard?
it will jump out of gear if the engine/gearbox is,nt very solidly mounted,
and the damper acts like a counterweight to the gearstick, where the top of the stick tries to move forward when you brake etc

it will jump out of gear if the engine/gearbox is,nt very solidly mounted,
and the damper acts like a counterweight to the gearstick, where the top of the stick tries to move forward when you brake etc

Would a standard linear bush like the K11 has not act like a damper? Or better still an actual counterweight low down the stick below the rose?

Where would u put the bush though?

I don't see the difference though, essentially all you're doing is raising the ball/fulcrum, no? As long as there's a weight below it should cause the stick above it not to jerk in line with acceleration and braking...?

Not really sure what I'm looking at there frank? Any links to how you raised the ball pivot?
the solid/square block mate, and i did post some pics up (try a search on "knurled") you have to soften/heat the plastic ball so that it moves up the knurled bit

the solid/square block mate, and i did post some pics up (try a search on "knurled") you have to soften/heat the plastic ball so that it moves up the knurled bit

Tell me this, can I get the linkage out of my old car easy enough by just jacking it up at the front? What's access like?

Back