Shock bottom bolts.

Joel1993

My car is blue... not PURPLE
Hi. When taking the bottom bolt of the shock absorber does it matter if the rubber in the bottom of the shock is spinning with the bolt?

Corroded bolts? You can sand them down so they're clean and grease em up in future. Or buy stainless ones
Dried bushes? New ones
Thing is I can't do any of that because I can't get the shocks off because of the bolt. Once the nut is off should they pull through?

Thing is I can't do any of that because I can't get the shocks off because of the bolt. Once the nut is off should they pull through?
They should pull out. Unfortunately you have what I had with my old tie rods.
They'll have to be cut out now bud

20130723_181537_zps67e89865.jpg

They'll look similar to those I'd say :)

Update on this. Managed to fit the shocks happy with them. But there is now a loud banging when going over small bumps. What could this problem be now? Thought it was the fact I didn't put everything back as I should but. I had.

Update on this. Managed to fit the shocks happy with them. But there is now a loud banging when going over small bumps. What could this problem be now? Thought it was the fact I didn't put everything back as I should but. I had.
sounds like the shock bolts are loose joel, are they corsa shocks ?

Right. Found out what it is. The shock seems to be moving around on the bottom bolt which secures it. Any idea why this might be happening? I thought it could be it's too tight at the top?

Back