Shock Torque Settings

TimmyB

Club Member (Trial)
Hi,

I don't have a Haynes Manual, but got a german one and it only gives me the torque settings for the rear shock which it says is 90Nm (bottom bolt). Can someone confirm this?

Then if someone can look in their Haynes and tell me the torque settings for the front bottom two bolts and nuts (17 mm) and the top two nuts (12 mm) it will be much appreciated!! (Y)

Thanks in advance
Tim

I really wouldn't worry too much about torque settings for parts like that. Just don't over tighten and shear them.

As you know I'm a VM in the army, it's just because of it being part of the suspension, specially the front, I just wanna make sure I don't mess with the safety factor.

On the other hand, I'll just make sure it's on tight and might just Loctite it for good measure. Because all the work is being done on camp and I have all my workshop facilities, including expense (nuts, bolts, etc) I'm not to fussed on getting the torque wrench out.

Tim

With the front I just stuck nylocks on the top, but in the end the weight of the vehicle hold it on. And with the bottom they are big bolts so you can give them a good yank to tighten them

As you know I'm a VM in the army, it's just because of it being part of the suspension, specially the front, I just wanna make sure I don't mess with the safety factor.

On the other hand, I'll just make sure it's on tight and might just Loctite it for good measure. Because all the work is being done on camp and I have all my workshop facilities, including expense (nuts, bolts, etc) I'm not to fussed on getting the torque wrench out.

Tim

Just nip it up tight with a ratchet, but like modded said don't over tighten it so you snap it will be fine:grinning:

I'll do that then. The car has been leaning to one side so I got new springs and shocks and just going to put them in and that should sort the problem. I think the previous owner lowered the right hand side but forgot about the left (Y) I'll know for sure once I got the old ones out.

Thanks for the help guys

Hi,

I don't have a Haynes Manual, but got a german one and it only gives me the torque settings for the rear shock which it says is 90Nm (bottom bolt). Can someone confirm this?

Then if someone can look in their Haynes and tell me the torque settings for the front bottom two bolts and nuts (17 mm) and the top two nuts (12 mm) it will be much appreciated!! (Y)

Thanks in advance
Tim

Top two nuts 28Nm. Damper rod top nut 37Nm.
Hub carrier nuts and bolts 118Nm.

Back