Sheffield newbie

Welcome to the forum :). I like it, the fuel filler flap is particularly cool :D.​

more pictures :)
micrade

Hey mate,
Just wanted to ask a question about the arches you've got stuck on your k10.
I've bought the same wheels 13" deep dish minilite's and am having a problem on the wheels poking out a little to much.
Did you try to stretch the body work before putting the arches on, and did you have to cut the original arches off to put those black ones on??
Thanks for your time.
Simon

Ey up Simon. My intention was to arch my 10 all along with these rims so I didn't bother trying to stretch the existing arches. My arches were rusty so wouldn't have flared very well anyway. I did have to cut the arches out to reduce rubbing but it at least enabled me to remove the rust :). Even then I was still getting tyre to arch contact so I have also fitted spring assisters to the rear as I do regularly carry my kids in the car. Hope this helps, Ade

Ah right i see. Yeah i dont have to worry about any extra weight as im the only one normally in the car, or it drags on the floor :eek: and do you remember were you got the arches from?? Im after some myself, or see if someone can stretch it enough for me :)

Got my arches from Ebay, bout £65 ish iirc. The supplier that I used is no longer on there but there are others, or alternatively try Rangerbob on RetroRides forum. :D

Got my arches from Ebay, bout £65 ish iirc. The supplier that I used is no longer on there but there are others, or alternatively try Rangerbob on RetroRides forum. :D

Oh right ok, well thanks for the help anyway dude. I shall give it ago and see where it leads me. :)

Plans at the moment are to try and keep it!! Really need to find a job :(

These things all work out mate! No point getting rid, you'll never get what you spent on it and you'll only need to buy a new motor when work comes... Keep it, even if you SORN it for a while... tis a nice motor!

Possibly coming off the road anyway then there are certain things I would like to do, including a respray. You would probably be surprised how cheaply this has been done.........thats why boys go to fleabay :D

Possibly coming off the road anyway then there are certain things I would like to do, including a respray. You would probably be surprised how cheaply this has been done.........thats why boys go to fleabay :D

How much has it cost you so far then? It looks a solid car so looks like you've spent a bit to be fair! How much you reckoning on a respray costing? It's something I'll be looking at eventually...

Including purchase of the car and all mods and repairs (including head gasket :() it probably stands me about £800 over a period of 18 months, the wheels for example cost me £100 :D. The respray will be cheap cos like everything else I will be doing it myself :D

Done over a period of time it is easier to swallow. £800 actually sounds like a lot to me now when you think of it all at once, more used to 'disposable' cars! Had to make an 80 mile round trip for the wheels but worth it. On a tight (very!) budget you become quite creative :D

I saw a bright green car in my following list & couldn't think who it was! Have you done the spray job already or is that some clever Photoshop colour swap going on?

Won't let me edit so apologies for double post! Picture fiddled & uploaded on me phone so not sure how good the quality is but I think the orange also would look amazing!

Don't mean to steal your page MicrAde.

Its a 1973 V8 dodge dart, straight through pipes, so its super loud. Mostly chrome parts, at the moment its a project car with my dad. Its being re-wired at the moment so sadly it doesn't go anywhere :(
20120409091858.jpg

20120409092420.jpg

20120409092440.jpg

20120409091811.jpg

Don't have any inside pictures at the moment, as its all ripped out, plus it needs all to be renewed.

To be fair, all those colours look pretty good... nice and different and bright! Greean and orange are still my faves but any would suit! Any progress anyway mate?

To be fair, all those colours look pretty good... nice and different and bright! Greean and orange are still my faves but any would suit! Any progress anyway mate?
Unfortunately odd ball there wont be any progress on this until my work situation changes. Plan is get a job, buy a cheap micra (10 or 11) and take this one off the road for some 'work' ;)

Not really got a record of how my car has evolved so thought I had better upload some images, not going to say too much, just let the pictures do the talking :)
First 'mod' paint grille black :rolleyes:
k770i240_zps00731eb9.jpg

k770i241_zpsc4627176.jpg

The sharp eyed amongst you will will notice the wonky bumper so next job was to replace bumper reinforcement bar
k770i242_zpsa6547187.jpg

Doing this uncovered some rust issues which had to be addressed.......
k770i244_zps44c6b2f8.jpg

More to come later........................;)

Managed to win a brand new in packaging pre facelift grille on Ebay for £15 delivered! Happy days :)
k770i246_zps0b58e402.jpg

Obviously had to be modded to fit. Also cut number plate down to minimum legal size................
Found some cheap alloys on the bay.............
068_zps8e9f12be.jpg

Off of a Proton Satria so centre bores needed opening out......flapwheel ftw! :D
Obviously they needed refurbing too so prepped and sprayed white, white wheels always work on a red car and I am likely to be returning to that co;) lour scheme soon
k770i239-Copy_zps88c11944.jpg

Trial fitted...
k770i238_zps9de3fefc.jpg

Yep, they'll do :D
xx046_zpsbce153f4.jpg

Looking better but still something missing..........LOWS! Time to break out the electric ride height adjuster ;)
xx050_zps3ee79c65.jpg

xx052_zps95f82703.jpg

Now we're getting somewhere........more laters ;)

I was gonna say i thought you had minilights on!? im confused lol
Don't worry Dougy, ;) I'm slowly trying to show the changes that my car has gone through in my 2 years of ownership. Not had a blog so thought I'd just put some images in here to show how things have moved on :D

Back