setup help

CMF_sarge3uk

» CMF Member
hello everyone new to this site and just needing some help im after a manifold for a t25 turbo,ive got 1.6 injectors,most of the pipe work.

but i dont hat ecu or injector controller to use been told to use apexi safc 2 (i think it is) not to sure to get my oil feeds from the engine and back.was told to weld the return to the sump.and help with cooling

generally i will need as much help as i can get.im getting help from work as i am a mechanic but stuck with daft bits really

by the way my car is a micra 1.3 gx

ramble over now thanks james sargent

Attachments

• 26215.jpg
    26215.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 49

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
have a search in the forced section. Need make/source the flanges at the manifold and turbo. Jig up whether you want top mount or side mount (no air con but there is a heap more room). Purchase some butt weld steam pipe fittings and fiddle till your happy with the design, grind away and weld).... check ebay for the turbo, I picked up a Gt17bb for $350. very brief but its a start.....

CMF_sarge3uk

» CMF Member
cheers mate i can get a low pressure turbo (td04 of a 940) its not very good in the uk when it comes to turboing a micra

it hasent got aircon.i was going to front mount the intercooler.was going to be a bit different with the turbo wanted to use t25 but got 3x tdo4 at work thanks james

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
gee, I'd think a 04 would be way too big... check snoopy's, cisco's builds or even drop a pm to kristian or Jaxx for some ideas local (ie. northern hemisphere) get some pix, draw something up, plan it good. you'd have all the tools and knowledge being in the 'game' which is the hardest part sometimes. Plenty of donor turbos out there, lancers, saabs, even look at ones from diesels etc don't get any bigger than a t25 equilivant (without forging your internals...$$$)

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
i must say when it come to bits like that i was well anoyed but luckily i sourced Cisco's manifold and downpipe so wasnt that bad.

yes the oil return for the turbo should be welded to the sump although just bere in mind that to get it perfect it should be at a certain angle from the turbo to the sump which i dont know sorry.

the exhaust is easy, when you got the turbo on and got a suitable downpipe just make one, especially as you are a mechanic yourself am sure you have loads of contacts etc....then whack a decent back box on and remove all cats...Happy days.

t25's are rated at max of 220BHP so yeah if you dont tend to go all the way with forged pistons, rods balanced crank etc then a smaller turbo might be better...least with a smaller one the boost will kick in sooner reducing turbo lag. ECU...get a greddy Emanage thats what im running.

hope this helps.

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
some more thoughts..........

the oil return is via the lowest pressure, quickest route back to the sump....ie straight down fairly large tubing (1/2 "). Oil into the turbo use the high pressure outlet that is on the LHS of head, make up a little metal sheathed line there to turbo inlet checking whether you need a reducer or not (depends on the turbo.)

CMF_sarge3uk

» CMF Member
love this site all the help is brilliant my exhaust is actually custom made anyway but the turbo i may now of sourced one from one of the lads i work with who is tuning a 600bhp lancer 1 its quite a machine and hes custom made everything so he said he will spend nights after work helping me get it all ready i dont want to take off the road for to long so will have to work quick but make it perfection

if possible would you post pics up forideas thanks james

td04 will be fine, have one on my car, on full boost of about 8 psi by 2600rpm, don't tap the oil line in to the head, its basically the last place to get oil in the engine, tee it into the oil pressure sender unit at the back of the engine... your gauranteed to get good oil flow through the bearings then. 4g63 lancers get the oil from the head like fred says, the turbos fail all the time, that being the cause, remedy - get the oil feed from a good source. that's what i'd reccomend anyways. i wouldn't use an emanage either, an safc would be even more of a waste of time, unless you plan on keeping things fairly basic, good value, but you get what you pay for

Back