Good N/A Setup

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
Just wondering what would be a good N/A setup for a k11. I have a dull decat system, thinking cams next, then maybe a 1.6 throttle body and injectors and a apexi safc. But i spoke to a guy in a tuning place over here and he wreckons the injectors and throttle body could take from the cars response so im left wondering what a good n/a setup would be now ?

anto modded

a 1.0 does,nt suffer poor throttle response with the same t/b, so i doubt the 1.3 will with a t/b thats 5mm bigger
i tested mine on petrol the other day, and the lambda was reading .8v+ at full throttle, right though the rev range in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, (which sounds ok to me, though could do with more enrichment maybe ?)

anto modded

apparently .8v on a narrowband lambda is only very slightly rich (14:1 ish a/f/r), and i think wide open throttle needs to be richer than that for maximum power
the consensus seems to be that the ecu is running on open loop at WOT, so maybe my black injectors are too small ?
(we need an expert like micra pete to advise eh *geek* )

At full throttle with those mods the CG13 can run quite lean. To get the correct fuel/air mixture for mine (same modifications, plus manifold/induction) I have an Apexi SAFC with custom map :). At the lower scale of the rev range and above 50% throttle it is set at +33%. This was all set up on a dyno.

Back