Matiz Setup Query!

Just wanting to get some knowledge of what the Matiz Setup is!
I did do a search on it on the forum but couldnt get a full understanding of it!

It was the cheapness of it that intrigued me but I don't know exactly what to buy or what to do?
How much does it drop it by as well?

Any help would be appreciated!

Also some pictures of Micras dropped on this setup would be fabulous aswell! ;)

I have just used the Matiz rear springs in place of the Micra springs on the Micra front struts and fitted Corsa b struts (small mod needed to make em fit) to the rear with Micra chopped springs

7EA20AC5-CCDC-432F-B210-BFD27330900F-9267-00000E2CCB156DC3.jpg

photo-11.jpg

I have just used the Matiz rear springs in place of the Micra springs on the Micra front struts and fitted Corsa b struts (small mod needed to make em fit) to the rear with Micra chopped springs

7EA20AC5-CCDC-432F-B210-BFD27330900F-9267-00000E2CCB156DC3.jpg

photo-11.jpg
Is it just standard matiz springs you put on the front with the micra struts that are already there and that's it for the front?
And what is the mod for the corsa b strut? and how many coils need to be chopped?

How much is yours dropped by?

Sorry for all the questions! :p haha

Yep thats pretty much it, Just replace the Micra front springs with the Matiz springs.
On the rear the metal bushes at the bottom of the strut have to be ground down a bit to make them narrower to fit in place and the bolt replaced with an M10 (i think) .With the rear springs iirc i took the tightly coiled coil off and then 1 whole coil, but best to do a bit at a time so you dont over do it eh ;)

Yep thats pretty much it, Just replace the Micra front springs with the Matiz springs.
On the rear the metal bushes at the bottom of the strut have to be ground down a bit to make them narrower to fit in place and the bolt replaced with an M10 (i think) .With the rear springs iirc i took the tightly coiled coil off and then 1 whole coil, but best to do a bit at a time so you dont over do it eh ;)

I guess the standard matiz springs are smaller than the micra standards then? Weird that they can lower it without them being lowering springs :p haha

and for the rear is it micra lowering springs or just the standard ones? :) or can you use the front micra springs that were taken off and use it for the back?

I just want to get a full understanding on what to do :p and I'll never find out if I don't ask all these newbie questions ;) haha

No worries Scott ;)
Yeah the Matiz springs are smaller than the standard Micra springs on the front.
For the rear you could buy lowering springs, but i chopped my standard ones which still works fine after 10k miles and an MOT

No worries Scott ;)
Yeah the Matiz springs are smaller than the standard Micra springs on the front.
For the rear you could buy lowering springs, but i chopped my standard ones which still works fine after 10k miles and an MOT

Great , so all you need to buy is matiz springs, corsa b shocks and m10 bolts (what length?) ? :p

yours has a nice drop on it! and if I wanted to go lower then chopped lowering springs should suffice? ;) haha

seems a lot cheaper than the corsa b coilies route! :p

10mm diameter. I think the originals are 12mm iirc

Cool cheers! got any more pictures of your car to see better on what the drop is like? :p

Will be checking scrappys when payday hits! Can only seem to find rear matiz springs on flebay, the only front ones I can find come on the shocks, unless I spend a fair wee bit to get brand spanking new ones! Haha

Cool cheers! got any more pictures of your car to see better on what the drop is like? :p

Will be checking scrappys when payday hits! Can only seem to find rear matiz springs on flebay, the only front ones I can find come on the shocks, unless I spend a fair wee bit to get brand spanking new ones! Haha
matiz fronts wont fit, rears only, and suzuki alto rears give a bit more drop :)

What. A. Beast man! Haha :p
Is that with the alto rears as frank says or micra springs?

I seem to be swaying more to this method of dropping it to be honest!
I'm running matiz strut and spring at front and micra rears and corsa shocks. With couple of coils missing all round. :rolleyes: all captive

Okay, FINALLY payday tommorow so for this set up the shopping list shall be..

- Alto rears for the front
- Corsa b Shocks for the rear
- M10 bolts

Have I missed anything?
Or is my list possibly completely wrong? :p

Quick question, would I get more of a drop by chopping matiz springs on the front instead of the standard alto springs? Or is it safer just to go for the altos? :)

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

That's on matiz shocks though? Would it work all the same if I just fitted the matiz springs onto the micra shocks etc thats already on the front? :)

That's on matiz shocks though? Would it work all the same if I just fitted the matiz springs onto the micra shocks etc thats already on the front? :)

the matiz or suzuki springs wont be captive when extended if you cut them scott

I not sure on the matiz spring micra strut setup, if you want lows then wouldn't you put the matiz strut on?

Yeah you're right enough, im just working out what I'm better off buying since I now have the money to do it. Still learning about all this! Haha

But, having the matiz strut and spring on the front and cutting them it would be alright? (bit like what Jay has done)

the alto spring lowers the k11 shock so that you only have half the stroke left, and the matiz leg is shorter to start with

Sorry to revive this thread again but I dont want to start a whole new thread for it so, im wondering how many coils can be cut off the standard springs on the back? I've got 2 cut off so far but Im wondering if one more coil would be alright to take off? I just want it evened up with the front eh :)

Back