Setting up Rear Koni's

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
Well, i have the rear koni's en-route too sunny queensland (b/day pressie from dad).

what i already have:

1. King Springs all-round (30mm drop i think???)
2. Front + Rear Whiteline sway + Panhard Rod + Camber bolts + rear trailing arms
3. Front Koni Adj Inserts
4. Stock rear shocks, 130K on them

i did have the front koni's on 1/3 too 1/2 turn but have recently turned them to minimum amount,

the rear koni's are adjustable, but externally, i don't want to be taking them on and off too many times, 2 times will sufface :p

so, i guess can members with koni's post their settings for road use?

maybe like:
-------------------------------------
Springs - Brand - XXmm Drop
Front Koni's *1/2 turn (out of 1 1/2)
Rear Koni's *3 turns (out of 7)

thanks in advance,

Alex

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
i think its 5 turns min to max isnt it. i have my rears at 4 and a bit turns to max , otherwise i cant compress the pistons to fit them back in the car. used to have fronts as 4 turns, but find it better when softer than this, at 1 turn. thats with same rate springs as whiteline with a 50mm drop.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
I find for twisty roads the front's are set half way..1 1/2 twists I think.

best for comfort on the road is the softest setting.

i find the stiffest makes the car feel a bit swayey...just odd.

the rears area also 1 1/2 twists from the softest setting...however I didn't know there were 7 turns..I might have to look at that I thought the were the same as the front..havent taken them off since though

best to experiment and see what suits you best

CMF_Alex_B

» CMF Member
thanks aaron, i think the number of turns used to be on the old forums somewhere. i just found my adjustment instructions for the front, just for records:

City ride : Minimum setting, completely clockwise
Cross Country: 1/2 turn counter-clockwise
GT/Aggressive driving: 1 turn counter clockwise

NOTE: Shock absorbers may never be fully adjusted

Alex

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
I have mine set on softest setting all round. I tried firm and hard but found with lowewred springs, Whiteline gear etc ride was harsh and benefits in handling not that much greater unless you were full on fanging around a race track.
Anyway I do not think I would ever reach the limit as fear factor would take over before then.
Having a comfy ride is important.
Reckon your set up overall Alex very similar to mine so would try softest setting first up.
Getting too old to be bounced around.

Back