Servicing Micra after 2 years?

O

Omega

hello, guys,
This is my first question here on the forum.
My wife has 5 years old Micra which she owns for 2 years. It was fully served when she bought it. Last year I changed oil filter and oil on the car. My wife drove about 13 000 miles in 2 years. Now it is time to service the car again. What things should I do?
I guess I need to replace oil and oil filter, also air and fuel filters, drain fuel filter. Do I need to replace the coolant?
A question about coolant - the document for the car recommends using some blah-blah-blah coolant which I can get only from Nissan dealer and only if I service my car there. Can I not buy some car coolant in a supermarket and use it instead? Will it harm the engine? I hate to be ripped off during the service.
Thanks,

it wouldn't hurt to use another coolant in the engine. it should've been changed at around 3-4yrs ideally according to nissan. you can buy the nissan branded stuff but it costs £££ compared to other brands.
the brake fluid could probably do with a change aswell.
other than that, just the other things you've mentioned, oil, air (also pcv filter inside airbox) + fuel, possibly the pollen filter located behind the glovebox if it's got one.

remember to use "pink" coolant though. as the blue stuff will harm the internals..

chekc brake lines, pipes etc... and check for play in the clutch cable and that should do you.

ethylene glycol is the antifreeze you need. and i hardly think the die to determin the appearance will harm the internals tho, LMAO

didnt mean that, the old pre1996 stuff is blue and the later stuff....(that lasts longer and cools better) is pink.... thats all..

I changed the coolant. It was green in my car. When I was purchasing the coolant, the salesman told me that pink (or red) coolant needs replacing every 5 years as stated on the bottle, while green and blue ones - every 2 years.
I checked the book and it says I need 4 litres of coolant. I poured out the old coolant, poured in 2 litres of pink coolant and topped it up with water. However, it required only 1.5 litres of water but the bottle recommends 50/50 mix. I guess half-litre of old coolant was left in the system.
Do you think this - 2 litres of red coolant, 1.5 litres of water and 0.5 litres of old coolant - will cause any problems?
Thanks,

well nissan only ever use green anitifreeze even on the new 07 models so saying that only use green / blue upto 1996 is utter crap imo

2 litres of coolant and 1.5 litres of water will be fine, as far as pink antifreeze goes i've been told not to mix the pink with the green,

my view on antifreeze is use the cheap stuff and expect problems in the future, or use the right stuff and the right mix and have no problems.

with the nissan antifreeze if you have a high mix of coolant to water you will get what asdame had on his cylinder head as the antifreeze will start to eat into the metal

Back