Servicing

CMF_mallen

» CMF Member
Hello Fellow Micra Owners,

Sorry to lay a whole bunch of questions for my first post but I desperately need to do a service on my 95 Manual 1.3ltr Micra.

I need to know if you can help...

What oil weight is the best (it's done 230,000km) so I gather something thicker???

What is the oil filter part number?
What is the fuel filter part number?
Spark plug spacing (if necessary)
Best cheapest gearbox oil (I know it's an oxymoron)
Front brake pad part number?

Recommendations for a good supplier of parts in Adelaide?

Also is there an easy way to change the gearbox oil? Or is it a pump in job?

Are their any tricks to the brake pads or is it pretty standard?

Anything else you'd recommend servicing? Baring in mind this car is just a cheap (on petrol) runaround and I don't want to spend a whole heap...

Anyway, thanks in advance for your help... :)

Oh btw my name is Matt and I like walks along the beach :p

smidge

» CMF Member
NSM on this forum is your best bet for decent priced parts, or build up a repore with a local parts shop and they should look after you

finding part numbers is really easy in store, all the manufacturers give the sales people books they can look up parts, unless its something really weird, and even then, NSM can sort you out... luckily there's only one K11 micra with one kind of engine so if its says SUITS K11 then it will DEFINATELY work...

oil filter part number will be in the books, can't remember it off top of my head
fuel filter anything with the right sized inlet and outlet but again, check the books
spark plugs should come pre gapped
basic castrol multitrax or whatever its called is around 30 bucks, pretty cheap

there is a thread AND article on the site about how to change the gear oil, its not overly hard
brake parts are easy, look into a pulsar brake caliper and rotor conversion

you don't need to spend heaps, but keep it serviced and clean and the thing will take an absolute thrashing and not let you down!

spend a while looking through these forums, there's almost nothing that hasn't been covered at least once

CMF_mallen

» CMF Member
After searching through threads on this forum I would like to apologise for being lazy :)

This has to be one of the easiest and best laid out forums I've been on.

Good work...

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Ryco oil filter part Z442
ACDELCO oil filter AC023

Ryco air filter A1348

Fuel filter Ryco Z201
fuel filter AcDelco ACF35

Bendix Advance Brake Pads Front DB1307AD
Bendix General Ct Disc Pads Front DB1307GCT
Rear (Drums)brake shoes CBA N1725
Rear (Disks) pads Bendix Advance Brake Pads DB1309AD
Rear (Disks) pads Bosch Pro Plus Brake Pads DP1309PR
Wheel Cylinders ; Rear PBR JB9517
Front rotors DBA DBA920
Rear Rotors DBA DBA921

CV joints Drive Pro 86.N310
CV complete Driveshaft Assembly Drive Pro Left 87.NI745 Right 87.NI746

Tridon thermostat TT244-180
Dayco thermostats DT14A-BP or DT14A

Drive belts.
Air Conditioning / P/Steering / Water Pump> Dayco D4PK0760
Air Conditioning / Water Pump> Dayco D4PK0650
Alternator / Air Conditioning> Dayco D6PK0955
Alternator / P/Steering ; W/o Air Conditioning Dayco D6PK0890
No p/steer or aircon Dayco D6PK0730

Cap Radiator CPA 560/90
Cap Radiator Tridon CB6090

Clutch New KNI18001 from Clutch Pro

Transmission Seals >Input 400842N brand bearing wholesalers
Transmission Seals > Diff side 400228N brand bearing wholesalers or 8973527450 by holden.
Transmission Seals > Diff Side > CVT / Non Slip Diff ; LH / RH 402126N bearing wholesalers or 38342D2100 holden

Oils. With oils go for a 5w-40. with the first number in the grade eg 5w dont go over 10w and the 2nd part of the number dont go below 40 unless your in a cold area and dont drive that much so a 15w-50 oil is to thick on cold start ups and a 5w-30 is no good for hot areas. the first number gives you the oils start up viscosity rating and lower numbers are good as it means you get oil pressure up fast and oil to the parts fast and the 2nd number means the running temp range of the oil so a 30 grade is ok for cold areas where a 40 or more is better for hot running areas like aust. some new oils have a 0w-40 or 0w-50 rating and they are the best of both worlds but cost a bit.
Penrite 5LHPR10 or 5LHPR5

Gear box oil. Should be GL-5 type oil to meet nissan specs.
Castrol VMX-80 or EPX 80w-90
Valvoline DuraGear 75w-90 p/n 1263.89 should also be fine.
The two plugs are tapered plugs eg diameter of the plug gets larger from bottom to top of the plug so there a bitch to remove. The bottom plug uses a 1/2" ratchet and the top one uses 3/8" ratchet I think and dont wast money on the multi tools for plugs as there crap and round off easy.

smidge

» CMF Member
that is some quality information right there... i posted up a bunch of part numbers from autobarn about a year ago also when i bought my K11

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
Awesome information. :)

One thing I'm confused by though:

Micra_King WROTE:

Drive belts.

Air Conditioning / P/Steering / Water Pump> Dayco D4PK0760

Air Conditioning / Water Pump> Dayco D4PK0650

Alternator / Air Conditioning> Dayco D6PK0955

Alternator / P/Steering ; W/o Air Conditioning Dayco D6PK0890

How do these part numbers work? I need to replace the alternator belt and water pump belt on my 95 LX, no power steering, no air con. Are the part numbers at the end for a pack of the belts? If so, why is there no water pump / alternator belt pack?

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
No they dont come as a pair. Ill re check the dayco book tomorrow.
The problem I find with the micra is you can get the wrong info from aftermarket company's as the micra is not that common for them to get it right. Also any good auto store should have Dayco belts or you can get bosch belts as bosch and Dayco use the same part numbers eg Dayco D6PK0730 in bosch is B6PK0730 and so on.

Back