Servicing

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
right, normally i service my own car, it doesn't cost much especially if i get parts from ebay.

but today i took my car to a garage, i wanted a proper job done, plus i wanted them to check out a knocking noise and switch off the supid airbag light...

NEVER AGAIN!

£250 later they tell me the knocking is from the top mounts and i should have a look at them. so that problem isn't fixed, they also told me the acc belt is squeeking, but they didn't tighten it, and they said they had the wrong kit to do the airbag light so that is still on.

they didn't change the disks or pads, they said they were good enough, even tho they are about a mm down at the front.

what they did do was:
spark plugs
panel filter
fuel filter
oil filter
oil change

can anyone tell me how much it would cost to do all that? because i am pretty sure it is no where near £250.... i really regret doing that, it would have been worth me spending the hour or so doing it myself, at least it would have been done properly and cheaply. they didn't fix any of the problems i had asked them to

i start the car and the acc belt is squeeling so loud its almost painful, the car makes a horrible banging sound all the way down the road from the top mounts, and all the way i have this stupid airbag light flashing at me.

i now have the car booked in at nissan to turn the light of, thats another £30, the air con needs regassing and nissan want £60 for that, i think i might talk to matt about rose jointed top mounts and do that myself because this is just a joke

anyway, just needed a rant, as i have next to no money and i need to save money so badly and no i have cocked up royally with taking my car to a garage.

i done this tonight mate and to get all of the above bits it cost me a little over £40 :p took me an just over an hour to do so lol

thats a plane rip off!!!! we only charge 120 for a service and the belts been tightened are included. it really really winds me up when garages rip people off it not on!!!

Find out which wire supplies the power to the light for the air bag on the pod and cut it , would save you 30 quid ?

but that way i would have a useless dead weight in the steering wheel, i want the airbags working again, all it needs is the ECU resetting,

thats a plane rip off!!!! we only charge 120 for a service and the belts been tightened are included. it really really winds me up when garages rip people off it not on!!!

i wish i had gone to you lol, at least my altinator belt wouldn't squeek like hell lol

It probably cost that much because it may have taken them a while to find out what the knocking noise was, and since they charge #### loads of money by the hour.. that's probably how it's accumulated?

I always do services, any repair job or engine overhauls myself. I don't trust mechanics, I don't like their prices and I don't like the idea of them snooping around my car.

It probably cost that much because it may have taken them a while to find out what the knocking noise was, and since they charge #### loads of money by the hour.. that's probably how it's accumulated?

I always do services, any repair job or engine overhauls myself. I don't trust mechanics, I don't like their prices and I don't like the idea of them snooping around my car.

thats what i was thinking, i think they probably charged loads of money for just time spent when they didn't really do anything.

and i never got my other cars serviced because i hated people messing with my car. i thought this one would be ok, but i am never going to ever pay anyone to service my car again,

That sucks man :( :hug: why do garages rip honest people off who just want help? Makes me sick.
I wish there was a way I could help you, but since I'm on the verge of losing my job too, I'm not sure how to!

on the service your supposed to check all suspension anyway so charging to look for a knock is not right we charge £30 an hour which isnt bad compared to most garages

on the service your supposed to check all suspension anyway so charging to look for a knock is not right we charge £30 an hour which isnt bad compared to most garages

would you ever change any parts if they were bad?

if they were bad we'd phone the customer with a price for it an leave it upto them if they want it doin and advise how bad it was

Nex you tried this method for the airbag? the second counts are longer than other threads on the net (7 instead of 5 :S ).:

AIRBAG LIGHT RESET/DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURE

From User Mode to Diagnosis Mode:
Diagnosis mode activates only when a malfunction is detected, by turning the ingition switch as follows:
1. Turn ignition switch "ON".
2. After "AIR BAG" warning lamp lights for 7 seconds, turn ignition switch "OFF" within 1 second.
3. Wait more than 3 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 three times.
5. Turn ignition switch "ON".
SRS will enter Diagnosis mode, if no malfunction is detected.

From Diagnosis Mode to User Mode:
After a malfunction is repaired, turn ignition switch "OFF" for at least one second, then back "ON". Diagnosis mode is returned to User Mode.
If Switching Diagnosis mode to User mode is required while malfunction is being detected, turn ignition switch as follows:
2. After "AIR BAG" warning lamp lights for 7 seconds, turn ignition switch "OFF" within one second.

**HOW TO ERASE SELF-DIAGNOSIS RESULTS**
Without Consult-II:

After a malfunction is repaired, switch the ignition "OFF" for at least one second, and then back "ON". Diagnosis mode returns to the User mode. At that time, the self-diagnostic result is cleared.

Nex you tried this method for the airbag? the second counts are longer than other threads on the net (7 instead of 5 :S ).:

AIRBAG LIGHT RESET/DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURE

From User Mode to Diagnosis Mode:
Diagnosis mode activates only when a malfunction is detected, by turning the ingition switch as follows:
2. After "AIR BAG" warning lamp lights for 7 seconds, turn ignition switch "OFF" within 1 second.
SRS will enter Diagnosis mode, if no malfunction is detected.

From Diagnosis Mode to User Mode:
After a malfunction is repaired, turn ignition switch "OFF" for at least one second, then back "ON". Diagnosis mode is returned to User Mode.
If Switching Diagnosis mode to User mode is required while malfunction is being detected, turn ignition switch as follows:
2. After "AIR BAG" warning lamp lights for 7 seconds, turn ignition switch "OFF" within one second.

**HOW TO ERASE SELF-DIAGNOSIS RESULTS**
Without Consult-II:

After a malfunction is repaired, switch the ignition "OFF" for at least one second, and then back "ON". Diagnosis mode returns to the User mode. At that time, the self-diagnostic result is cleared.

yea i tried that one, i have tried all the tricks, even leaving the battery out.

tho for the record that did work on my dad's almera, and that is pretty much brand new, but not on my old skool car

damn, dont like people paying for stuff if it thats easy to do at home :D

well there just might be a problem lol,

all i did was take the airbags out, turn the ignition on to roll down the windows and when i put it all back together it told me there was a fault,

could you have re-fitted them incorrectly? ive never took one out so i wouldnt know how they fit but it could be a possibility

nah its just cause we turned the ignition on with the airbag unplugged so it has a fit cause it thinks its broken, even if it then is fine it thinks that there is an intermitiant fault.

Back