service help

CMF_dicko

» CMF Member
hi i am after a diagram or some info on fuel filter replacements , mainly there location , and any other tips on a home service........

thanks

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Fuel filter is on the passenger side of the firewall. Nice and tight location. I suggest you buy some new piping before you attempt it incase you have to cut the old piping off like I did.

CMF_lam.666

» CMF Member
you also have to depressurize the fuel lines as well, you can do this by starting the car with fuel cap open

until engine dies

then u most likely will have to remove the fuel pump fuse to disable it

then once u swap over the fuel filter u then have to replace the fuel fuse and pressurize the system somehow

THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO DO IT, BUT ONLY A VERY ROUGH GUIDE... USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK...

and go buy a haynes manual.. i havent got mine yet im still waiting for someone to PDF the nissan factory service manual, i'd pay for that as it more in depth than the haynes

can someone PDF the nissan FSM there's plenty of interest in it i would assume

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
I just stuck the fuse back in, turned key to ON, checked for leaks and started her up. Easy.

No problems until I started messing with the injectors.. Hehe boy didn't that cause me a good hour of pain. :)

CMF_Snoopy

» CMF Member
I do it the same way as mipcar, however it is advisable to remove the pressure from the fuel system. Easily done by removing the fuel pump fuse, crank the engine (dont worry if it starts as it will stall shortly after), then change filter, refit fuse, crank engine till it starts. All done

Back