Service help!

Hi there,

going to do a service on my girlfriends 51 plate micra 1.3 and just need little bits advice.

Got this stuff:

engine flush
oil
oil filter
air filter
fuel filter
spark plugs
pollen filter
brake pads
discs
brake fluid
anitfreeze??????
washer fluid
gearbox oil
wipers

Going to get a PCV filter, somehow :)

Anyways, is everything above the main most major stuff I need to replace etc? Can anybody advise if im missing anything or is there anything particular important i should be doing/checking?

DO i need to replace power steering fluid?

Reason for ?????? on antifreeze is im confused. I've read on here a thing about using pink stuff and not to use blue as it can cause damage, is this correct? To me it's the same stuff?
In the past, i've changed her coolant after a radiator leak which is actually still there but only small now. And i've been using Carplan Blue Star antifreeze. Is this stuff ok?? Also on here somebody said antifreeze should contain ethylene glycol but this carplan stuff doesnt seem to have it. HELP!!!!

I think you have about covered everything. Maybe sump plug and washer if the one on the car has been re-used a few times its best to get a new one.

Best to get your anti freeze from nissan, its still cheap and you know you got the right one then :)

Can get PCV filter from nissan too.

Power steering fluid.. I Have never changed in my life, I wouldnt imagine you'd need to do that at all...

Good luck

Yeah the only thing you could do is pour a bit of new oil through the engine before putting the plug back in to send a bit more of the crap oil out.

flushs are good stuff we use them at work brings them back to full compression and get rid of all the crap we use forte top stuff. red antifrezze is just as good as the dealer stuff same stuff actually blue is good too just not as long lasting

Back