selling micras

how easy is it to sell a modified micra's, iv done a few cheep mods to my car and im starting to think when i come to get rid of it will it be worth anything. kind of annoying cos im unsure weather to modify it further or get rid of it at the end of this year, could some one give me so examples of what micras have been sold for and in what condition.

It can be quite difficult sometimes I think, especially if it's heavily modified - people that buy a new (well, second hand) car with the intention of modifying it want a black canvas to start off with so they can get it how they want, not something which has already been modified to someone elses taste. And most people are very wary of cars that have been lowered or had the engine mucked about with - has it been done by someone who knows what they're doing, or has it been done by someone with an angle grinder, gaffer tape, and only a slight grasp of basic mechanics (i.e. how to hold a spanner)?

You'll get a lot more back if (like me) you split it down for parts and either scrap it, or return it to stock and sell it on (Y)

k10's are worth next nothing mate eve a mint one isn't worth much just look at weestars two mint k10's although they are mintly immaculate little k10's but dint cost an arm and a leg. porkpie will be a good one to ask about value's of the k10 tho. and yeah dans very right (Y)

so breaking it down and selling for parts or scrap is the way to go do you think guys ? how much would i be getting for that its a 1.2 3 door :)

well if your serious about breaking fire me a pm cause i need a boot lid and gearbox for mine. but i would urge to think it through before selling or breaking cause they are getting really scarce now so it would be hard to find another imo nathan. as for a rough value i would say anywhere between £150-£600max any dearer than that and it will have to be mirror shiny and full service history and probably 15000miles seriously the value aint good with the k10's its more of an appreciation thing with them. like mine i would probably never sell it now unless i really had to and if i did id give someone like porkpie first dibs on it cause people like him have massive respect for these little cars.

keep us updated chief (Y)

infact the more i think about the more i wanna chuck an sr20 in mine and go for a rwd conversion so i might be interested in the whole thing if you do come to that decision mate i hate been off the road lol and would be cool to have another one as a daily while other one can be the track car. budget motoring FTW! (Y)

lol no i dint mean yet mate im skint at the min lol if im not spending on the car its bills and if it not bills its booze on a saturday :laugh: so i would have to save up any how. imo you would be better keeping it to get you no claims down then look at something in a couple of years cause what ever you get it wont be much faster and will probs cost more until you hit you 20's then start looking at turbo stuff if thats what you want mate. but if you do fancy something different and old skool look at 205 1.6gti's they are really cheap on the insurance and will give anything a wooping down a back road ive had a few but i made the mistake of scrapping them :doh:

lol yer ino, im going to finish this year of insurance off then look at prices of other stuff iv been looking at a few 205 gtis funny you should say that its just finding the right condition for the right price

yeah you really wanna get a standard one but they hard to come by nowadays. rear torsion bars are a common fault them so look out for the rear wheels being slanted inwards. easy fix tho. ive never had a rotten one and ive not just owned gti's ive had a couple of xs's 1.4's and a diesel one they all handle pretty much the same and the turbo diesels can be quick with the bigger 306 td engine and you will have dirt cheap insurance as well. and there is a few mods you can do to the diesel with minimal cash that will make it very quick (Y)

yeah thats true mate they are all being scooped up for rallying or restoring now so they are classic car prices as well if i found a cheap one that needed work i would snap it up in a flash ive always fancied doing the mi16 conversion on one.

very difficult, i advertised my old modified k10 for sale whole, for £400, then went lower, no one wanted it whole, so stripped it sold the valuable bits and mods, weighed in the reds and got the bones of £600.

very difficult, i advertised my old modified k10 for sale whole, for £400, then went lower, no one wanted it whole, so stripped it sold the valuable bits and mods, weighed in the reds and got the bones of £600.

yeah its the only to get any money back now. tho i wouldn't have the heart to break mine so its staying put :laugh:

have you seen that k10 on ebay for over a grand? it looks mint but i cant see it selling fast lol

Back